“Woodys Girls Christmas Party”

Bentley's Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #6 of 72 Restaurants in Lake Ozark
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2017 via mobile

We have been holding our yearly function at Bentley"s, except for 1 year when the front room was not available, for many years. Sandy is always our requested server. This year their was 16 of us and once again the food, service and ambiance was fantastic. We are all locals and even though this many women cannot normally agree, we can on this restaurant for our special events. It is also excellent in the Spring and Fall, with a beautiful outdoor patio. If you haven't tried this place, you are missing one of the Lakes best, with many years of service.

1  Thank Denise E

Reviewed January 2, 2017

We have been dinning at Bentley's for years and have really never had a bad meal. While maybe not an innovative venue, if you want to be sure you will have good food and service you can rely on Bentleys. Their outdoor patio and appetizer menu and lite fare served out there are new and a great addition

Reviewed December 19, 2016

Bentley's is most probably the best upscale restaurant at the Lake. I live at the Lake and take most of my meals out so I have a pretty fair idea what is good and what isn't around here.
Pros - The menu is traditional with just enough daily specials to give diners a nice variety. The food is prepared very well and with a spice palette that should please anyone looking for a finer dining experience while at the Lake. The service is exceptional with a professional and attentive Wait staff. Bentley's would fit nicely into San Francisco, Denver and New York and is especially welcomed here.

Cons The decor is an amalgam of Tudor and 1970's posh, so it can be a bit dark but that is only a personal taste comment and in no way detracts from the dining experience itself,

1  Thank dpgertner
Reviewed December 15, 2016

I have eaten here before. Back in the day... Many moons ago Bentley's was the place to go. The prime rib was the best around. The saying goes, all good things must end. Well it did for this restaurant, back in the 80's.

I ate here last year with a bad experience but thought I'd give it another try. I won't digress on last year but I will tell you about the most recent.

As we entered the establishment we caught a familiar aroma, finally we recognized it, grandma's house. It just smells old. Everything looks the same as it did back in the 80's.

I've seen others mention about the "pushy" servers. Not to disappoint, they are still there. In every way from "Did you want a drink, to dessert". Even if you say no thank you, it still goes on. Not only pushy but some even lack customer service skills. The wait staff wears black and white, which a lot of fine dining establishments have their employees wear. I"m guessing it was causal day by the black and white sneakers and the Nike belt. He was nice enough to blow residual smoke from his break as he placed the check down. Way to stay Classy!

The prices are not reasonable for what you get. I do not have a problem paying a premium price for a premium product. Most entree's start around $20. I had prime rib that was cooked to the temp I requested however it was very under-seasoned and had a huge piece of hardened fat/gristle covering a good portion. I know, I know, steak is bound to have gristle but on a rib roast/prime rib/rib-eye most of the fat melts like butter on a quality prime cut. It was like it was cut from a dairy cow. The salad was soggy, appetizer was hardly seasoned. The younger girls were quick to refill drinks and were very polite. The restrooms were clean. We will not be going here again.

End result go with the gut instinct. Tripadvisor is a great tool to find good places to eat. Do your research and don't just read the good ones up front. A person can also tell when the reviewer just wants to grind his ax. Look for the reviews that go into detail.

If my review was helpful please let me know by giving me a vote. I am a foodie and I am critical but I also give praise when it's due.

4  Thank rodeocwby
Reviewed December 9, 2016

The service is always 1st rate, and Bill is an excellent host. The food, never fails. My go to is the filet, thick, juicy, and is always cooked to perfection. It comes w/ a salad and side, my choice is the baked potato, and a salad with the Mayfair dressing ((Made in house)) my mouth is watering right now! And I must mention the warm rolls, served with real butter. I will not go to a restaurant that serves sub par bread. Another fav of mine is the prime rib. Tender and delicious! I have had other menu choices and have never had one I didnt like. If you have never stopped in, its worth it, no matter if you are alone or with a large group. Call ahead for reservations. Prices are very fair. Wine lovers, don't forget to check the Wine list!