“Everybody has an off day but”

Bentley's Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #5 of 68 Restaurants in Lake Ozark
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

Been going there for years I've always had a good experience and good food first off let me start by saying the waitress was exceptionally good as usual had a lady with me that had specifically wanted to make sure that her steak was medium no blood just a light pink Center knowing that people's definitions differ she informed us that that's what they're medium was before we ordered we both had steaks ordered medium they came back really rare I asked her I said is this a medium she said oh no this is this is very rare so she took it back like I said everybody has an off day came back didn't even look like they had touched them the waitress even commented how rare they were everything else was just microwaved you know I think one of the biggest things is when you go out to a nice place like this for dinner it's more of the not just the individual meal as it is the entire meal together she did knock the price off of one of the steaks because we didn't want to wait around we waited quite a long time for the for it to be recooked and then for it to come back not right we were able to somewhat Salvage my steak I hate to complain but I really feel in this case it would have been nice if the owner would have said you know what this is just a bad deal let's try it again some other time.

2  Thank jimmydebo

Reviewed December 27, 2017

Our family has been coming to the Ozarks for 40 years. We usually eat in our condo but this year decided to try several local spots. As a place that’s been here for most if not all 40 years, I was eager to eat at Bentley’s. Our dinner was OK. Don’t get me wrong, the food was good but not great and for the prices they charge, you should get great.

A couple of things that will cause us not to go back: A place that specializes in steaks should be able to cook one “Pittsburgh”...deeply charred on the outside but rare/mid-rare in the middle. They said they’d cook it that way but didn’t come close. We ordered a wine by the glass, took a sip and didn’t like. We sent it back and ordered a bottle (of a different wine) instead. They charged us for the glass. When we questioned it, the server said the owner told her to charge us because we’d taken a sip. The eventually removed it but that wasn’t the way to handle it, IMHO.

Reviewed December 23, 2017

We go for the early bird specials and use coupons when we go. This is some of the best food at the lake! Fantastic view too.

Reviewed December 20, 2017 via mobile

Great food and great dining experience! The cook was awesome and accommodated our special request. Our server, Sandy, was incredible and made our night!

Reviewed December 9, 2017

My husband and I met with my brother and his wife and had a nice quiet meal until an large party came in. Due to the place being on open area with large rooms, the noise level does raise up a decimal or two. The ribeye steaks specials were ok but my sis in law order the fried lobster and she received 3 big pieces so she gave us a piece for us to split. It was outstanding and we have never had anything like it before. Made us wish that we had order the fried lobster as well. It was well worth the $52 price tag. Overall, the rest of the meal and drinks was pricey for what we received. The service was excellent and very friendly.