“Groups”
Review of Spa Shiki

Spa Shiki
More attraction details
Owner description: Featured on NBC's Today Show as one of the top spa values in the United States, Spa Shiki at the Lodge of Four Seasons is one of the Midwest's largest full-service resort spas. Located on the water in Lake Ozark, Missouri, Spa Shiki offers a full range of extraordinary treatments for the body and soul, plus sauna, steamroom, whirlpool, and more. Pilates and lifestyle enhancement programs complement the spa experience. Relax, rejuvenate, and renew.
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

This spa worked tirelessly to accommodate our group!! The took great care of our members and provided excellent service.

Management response:Responded 20 September 2017

Thank you for your comments on Spa Shiki. We enjoy having groups in the spa and always glad when we can accommodate them!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

My first time here in the Spa and I think this might be the best spa option in the area. The Japanese Garden is beautifully done and well maintained. However, I feel with the fee the spa charged, there is room for improvement to fit the customer expectation, such as making the steam room smell better ( I was in the spa for a good 3-4 hours and the steam room smell fabulous for about 15 minutes, the rest of the duration, it stinks, simple solution seems to be to refill the aroma oil drop more frequently) or provide body lotion or newer hair dryer for the customers. I would expect all the above happen with the fee paid and in comparison with other four season spas.

Management response:Responded 15 August 2017

Thank you for your comments on Spa Shiki. I will definitely look into the suggestions you've given us. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 25 July 2017

My husband and I went to Spa Shiki on a Sunday morning for an 80 minute Couple's Massage to kick off our Honeymoon. It was worth every single penny. The atmosphere here is wonderful and relaxing. Each person is provided with a towel and sandals (or if you're like me and have big feet, they let me wear my own) in addition to a locker to store your clothes and valuables. Each locker room has showers and a relaxing area in addition in an Infared Room and a Steam Sauna. Just outside the locker rooms is a salt water whirlpool that can be used by both sexes. There is also a mediation area and access to an indoor/outdoor pool. My husband and I were there for several hours after our massages enjoying the amenities and ordered lunch there as well. If you're looking for a great place to decompress this would be it!

Management response:Responded 10 August 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review of your time spent at Spa Shiki. We look forward to pampering your on your 1st anniversary!

Reviewed 16 July 2017

My hubby and I booked a package for services and were looking forward to relaxing a full day at the spa. We made a day of it-services and lunch. When we were greeted, we were given the instructions on lockers and slippers, and shown the common areas of the spa. It is nicely decorated, and offers fresh fruit, water and tea in several stations throughout. The locker room has the sauna and steam room, along with changing rooms, showers, bathrooms, and all amenities (hair dryer, toner, hair spray..etc). There are robes in your locker and you are given a key. We each took advantage of the sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and meditation room in between our services. The staff was helpful and friendly, the services were good, and it was overall relaxing.

For as many things we loved about it, there were a couple of things that I feel could be addressed. One of them was the up-sell at the start of a service. However, I will say that the staff was not pushy in getting you to do the upgrade, but you couldn't escape them telling you about it.

The second thing would be the courtesy of guests towards each other in regards to being loud. The spa has a meditation room (which is not really a room, but rather a space where you can go and lay down, read, and relax that is not completely enclosed) and it is right across from the whirlpool. The spa has an open concept layout. Several guests where in the whirlpool and speaking very loudly while we were trying to relax in between services. After about 5 minutes of loud conversation, I noticed not one staff person said a word to them. I did make the comment to the front desk and then someone went to address it. I appreciated that they took care of it quickly, but I noticed that the staff was also very loud when showing guests around and talking about services. Overall, people tend to keep the conversation quiet, and although the spa has a sign posted to "please respect other guests with the noise level", the sign is not posted in a very prominent spot. It might be a good idea if the front staff when you check in reminds you to please be aware of how loud you can be, and have the staff enforce that in their interactions as well. Despite this minor issue, we had a wonderful time and look forward to returning!

Management response:Responded 25 July 2017

Thank you for your comments about your recent visit to Spa Shiki. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I enjoyed a nice, relaxing Swedish massage at Spa Shiki with a Himalayan Stone add-on while on vacation. I was very enticed by the location, being on the lake. I would have given it 5 stars if it weren't for the distracting sounds coming from upstairs at the hotel. It sounded like they were moving around chairs or something. Not very relaxing for that portion of the massage. However, post massage, I took advantage of the amenities that were included in the visit - the salt purified pool, the indoor-outdoor pool overlooking the lake, the infrared sauna and the eucalyptus-infused steam room. They also had meditation areas in front of a fireplace but I didn't use that area. There was also free all you can drink tea infused with Pomegranate + Acai Berry Antioxidant fruit extract. It was delicious! The spa also has salon services and mani/pedi services. I would definitely go back and highly recommend this resort spa to others in the area needing some R&R.

Management response:Responded 25 July 2017

Thank you for your wonderful comment about your visit to Spa Shiki. I hope that you will come again so that we can pamper you!