“Murder Mystery Gone Wrong”
Review of Belvoir Winery

Belvoir Winery
Ranked #3 of 16 things to do in Liberty
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

It's creepy. I'll give you that. With a dead body on display. A piano that supposedly plays on its own. The wine was surprisingly good.

The bad...the murder mystery dinner is a scam!! $55 per person for MOLDY food. Yes, you read that correct. Mold. All over the wrapped sandwiches. The whole room reeked of stench. The bad thing is once we said something, they removed moldy sandwiches and we watched in horror as people ate them!! They never told the other guests to throw them out!! So after that we were afraid of the food. It was subpar. HyVee is a better catering service. These ladies should be fired!!

The play consisted of 2 people. It was a huge yawn. Save your money!!! Go to the free wine tasting...the wine is the best part.

3  Thank fixn2travel
"missouri wines"
"my favorite"
"a lot of fun"

Reviewed October 2, 2017

We were staying at the Inn and had a free wine tasting when we got there. We checked in and went directly to the tasting bar. The bar attendant was great. She let us sample any of the wines we wanted. We ended up getting a glass and hanging out with her and the other guests. It was such a warm environment. The whole building is wonderful. I can not say enough how wonderful this place is. I can't wait to go back. I would have given it a 5 except the didn't have a bottle of the wine I wanted. I did like others so I just bought my second favorite. A definite place to go.

1  Thank hugochick21
Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

Visited Belvoir for a Ladies Night Event. This is such a beautiful place. Love the history. Staff was so warm. My friendly even though they were swamped with lots of women in for the event. Wine was excellent. Will be back.

1  Thank Barbara T
Reviewed September 15, 2017

I had the pleasure of visiting the Belvoir Winery in Liberty, MO in August 2017. What an incredible place. Between the beautiful grounds, the incredible history, and the amazing staff, it's pretty much perfection. I can say with complete honesty that this place is one of the most lovely locations that I've ever visited.

As you walk through the doors, you are stepping into history. Take the time to roam this gorgeous location with a glass of their delicious wine. It's simply fascinating. Belvoir Winery is the perfect destination for weddings, photo shoots, family picnics, events, weekend escapes, a girl's night out, a couple's retreat, family gatherings, or anything you can think of.

Adults and kids are all welcome here.

For all of you paranormal fans, yes. The location is reported to be haunted. Feel free to ask any of the employees about their experiences or other activity.

For everyone else, don't let the idea of ghosts scare you. Contrary to what Hollywood would have you believe, not all ghost are "demons." That simply gets viewers and sells fear. I found the place to have a warm, loving, and welcoming atmosphere. This is probably because the owners are some of the kindest and most wonderful people in the world.

Please, please do yourself a favor and visit. You won't regret it. I could and will go back time after time. I absolutely love it there. Stop by and say hi to George while you're there.

1  Thank txnikster