“Some good Cuban Dishes”
Review of Boogaloo

Boogaloo
Reserve with OpenTable
Boogaloo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Maplewood
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sutton
Description: Located in downtown Maplewood we are a fun, casual restaurant and bar featuring Cuban/Creole/Caribbean cuisine served both as Tapas and Large Plates. We have a fun, eclectic aesthetic with alligator skin wall paper, murals, beautiful mirrors and chandeliers and our signature swings at the bar. We serve a full selection of drinks with our specialty Mojitos and Caipirinhas as well as wine, bottled beer and 10 beers on tap.
Reviewed July 3, 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a Cuban restaurant, and found this place. We liked it, even though it was very busy and only two waitresses were taking care of the entire place. They were clearly overwhelmed, but still friendly and helpful. The mix of Cajun and Cuban is a little odd, but the Cuban selections were good. Restaurant has been in business for 12 or so years and has changed ownership a couple of times. Could use more help behind the bar and more waitstaff. Would probably return.

Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

We came here for a birthday celebration with friends and we all had a great time! I had the po' boy sandwich with fries and it tasted so good. Definitely will come back!

Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

If nothing else, I would just go to try their curry humus! They also have a good mix of other great food from their black bean burger to their Jamaican Johnny Cakes. The bar swings make sitting at the bar fun :)

Reviewed May 28, 2017

So I've only been here twice so far, but I'll definitely be back. My first visit was during Mardi Gras. Delicious specials and drinks. On this occasion we opted to sit at a table, which was a little uncomfortable when we realized how close we would be sitting to other patrons we didn't know, but much like any crowded space, it's pretty easy to ignore people when you're enjoying good conversation with friends. Our server seemed a little distracted at times... he looked like he might've been enjoying the party a little bit, haha, but he wasn't too bad. Everyone was pretty laid back that day. On my second visit, we opted to sit in the swings at the bar (better choice - so much fun), and we had tapas and craft cocktails - all delicious. The girls behind the bar were friendly and attentive. They seemed to enjoy their job. It was a nice spot for a girls' night out. I look forward to taking more friends and family to this cute little spot.

Reviewed May 27, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went for date night. We were looking forward to trying something new. I loved that you were able to put reservations in online and they called a hour before pur reservation to verify. My husband got pork tacos- came with 3 small soft tacos, half ceasar salad, and 2 drinks. I got warm spinach salad (which was the best thing i ate all night), cuban ciggars, and a drink. We split a dessert, which was dry. Our bill for 2 people was $62.

The atmosphere was not what i thought would be, but it was inviting.