“Efective Management and Staff”

Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Century City
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I am not generaly a fan of big hotels but I must add a few solid positives on this hotel. Foremost when I needed a room change with a better view (Table Mountain and docks) we got it. When I needed a room from which to smoke, I got it. No nonsense, just effective service. The foyer, bar etc are well designed. The rooms were mod and the lighting first class. Lovely tall windows and kinky shower. The only fault was the light coloured carpet which must be a night mare to keep clean. The staff are highly trained and a big well done to this group of hotels. We used this hotel as a base from which to travel and do feel this is highly suited to business people.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor facing the docks and table mountain.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank xrhodie

Reviewed 13 January 2012

You cannot market yourself as a luxury hotel and then bend over and take the golden shilling from the airlines. Airline staff renown for lowering the tone and paying a tenth of what everyone else pays. It devalues the brand and demotivates the staff. The person who authorised this is obviously not able to grasp simple brand management principles.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Nancy22
Reviewed 1 January 2012

New Years Eve at the Crystal Towers Hotel, a stunning place to be.. One of the best Hotels i have seen thus far. The service i must say was of Excellence. Highly recommended, Pool-bar Manager and staff were very friendly and helpful even tho we arrived before 1:00Am. We had a great time will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Megan B
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel for the fourth time this month. Upon arriving for my third stay I found my favourite chocolates and cooldrinks in my room. The staff at reception recognised me and welcomed me back. I do not always enjoy travelling for work but staying at this hotel is really making a difference. I went for a facial during my last stay and can honestly say that it was one of the most enjoyable facials I ever had. The therapist gave me a complimentary foot massage - after spending the whole day in heels it really made my day!

Room Tip: I like the rooms overlooking Canal Walk shopping centre since I usually get to the hotel after sunse...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2011

This is a lovely hotel - when we got a taxi in the Center of cape town we were told that we had a 15 minute taxi journey - which was unexpected ! However when we arrived we were greeted by the impressive door men - men in black comes to mind ! Hotel is immense and our room was wonderful.

If I could make 2 comments they would be that the gym was way too small and you had to walk through the bar which was uncomfortable especially late evening when it was full of people who could also look straight into the gym - more blinds & equipment needed.

If you want to use the Spa, you must book early as in 3 days we were unable to have any treatments as it is quite popular with the locals!

Don't worry about the distance to cape town - the hotel provided a free shuttle !

Room Tip: High up due to main road !
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SwissJ70
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Hotel stunning, rooms stunning, service stunning, would definately go back and recommend to people, breakfast also excellent, not a fault to be had

Room Tip: 209 & 206 fantastic!!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Being our first visit to the hotel, we were bold over not only by the appeal of the hotel and fantastic rooms, but more so on the outstanding service from hotel staff on all levels.
Thank-you for such a wonderful, unforgettable stay -

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Century City
Colosseum Luxury Hotel
#1 of 4 in Century City
The Westin Cape Town
#28 of 110 in Cape Town Central
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, C...
#30 of 110 in Cape Town Central
Schotsche Kloof
Hilton Cape Town City Centre
Hilton Cape Town City Centre
#44 of 110 in Cape Town Central

Been to Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers? Share your experiences!