All reviews crystal towers table mountain cape town valet parking african pride mood lighting sushi free shuttle modern luxury purple lighting canal walk breakfast buffet knife restaurant star service an amazing experience excellent hotel conference facilities
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the weekend and found the staff to be well trained, friendly, and helpful. Our room was upgraded to a suite with a beautiful view of he mountain, and stunning decor. Spa was great value and nothing more you could ask for at breakfast. I am so impressed. Great value for money!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank TessadC
ProteaHotels, General Manager at Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear TessadC

Thank you for referring to us as offering hospitality at its best. We strive to provide the best GUEST service every day and your comment affirms our efforts. The TEAM will certainly be commended for their exemplary service.

The Life Day Spa is a true gem and offers great value and treatments. With the majestic Table Mountain for a backdrop and Atlantic Ocean nearby, the Spa is in the perfect setting.

Breakfast is an important part of the day and the chef continues to exceed expectations with endless offerings. I will pass on your comments to all who make this possible.

Be sure to stay with us again next time you are in Cape Town.

Gary Koestser

Reviewed February 14, 2013

This hotel like some lot in Cape Town needs to learn that it's not about the decor of the place but the service. There is nothing African Pride nor crystal about the service in this establishment.
Our bookings were messed up, instead of three rooms we ended up with two so we had to seek an alternative accommodation for one of our entourage as if they have not done enough damage already - an airport transfer was arranged but to no avail in the morning resulting in flight being missed.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
ProteaHotels, General Manager at Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Mametse

It is extremely disappointing to learn of your recent experience. Your feedback is important to us and the TEAM have been looking into the concerns that you raised.

I apologise for the inconvenience of having to book alternative accommodation for the third room. We have contacted the agent who made your booking and it seems as if they gave us the incorrect surname when confirming the reservation. I am aware that this does not change your experience, but I want you to know that we will work very closely with all parties to ensure this does not occur again.

With regards to your airport transfer and flight being missed I really do apologise. There is no excuse for this and this is not the standard that we pride ourselves on and are well known for.

Please contact me at gm@crystaltowershotel.com should you wish to discuss this any further. I hope that we will be able to host you again so you can Live the Crystal Life!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

This hotel may NOT be for everyone. The interior is very modern. Inside you will find it a bit dark with Purple and Pink lighting....BUT attractive. This would be a great place to bring the wife or a date for a nice weekend. There is a nice MALL just across a walkway.

HOWEVER for a business man or woman this hotel was lacking. The room are again tailored for Romance....Big bed , mirrored walls, BUT it just was not comfortable to sit in or work in.

If you want a sexy hotel this place is for you.

If you want to relax in your room after a hard day of work ... You might want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Poppbo
ProteaHotels, General Manager at Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Poppbo

What a great title and thank you for your feedback.

Our magenta lighting throughout the hotel is intended to create a sense of calm and I am glad you found this attractive.

I am sorry that you did not find the hotel room suitable for business. Some of our rooms are fitted with sizeable work stations with magnificent views of Cape Town. On your next stay, please be sure to request this as we will gladly assist where possible.

The link bridge from African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa to the Canal Walk Shopping Mall is very convenient for GUESTS wanting to buy gifts for back home, to go to the cinema or for retail therapy.

We hope that your business trip to Cape Town was successful.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

As always this hotel offers a travelling businessman ease of use and slick service.Powerful wi-fi is a bonus and hotel is situated very conveniently close to motorways,business hub and shopping centre.Restaurant at hotel is although not spectacular,pleasant and adequate for business lunches.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
ProteaHotels, General Manager at Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Markus V

“Slick and Polished” are two words that bring such joy to a General Manager. Thank you for that and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Offering quality service to businessmen and leisure travellers is of high importance to us and your compliments about the Wi-Fi and access to the motorways are welcomed.

I wish you safe travels and welcome the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I've had the privilege of being a guest at Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa too many times to have kept track. Each time I have felt totally spoilt and pampered! Last year, I took my hubby for a birthday treat and having informed the hotel beforehand, he received a beautifully decorated cake and we had our room adorned with a multitude of rose petals. Cleopatra...eat your heart out! I have also been a guest at the hotel with my Company, Cipla & each time the GM, Gary and his sterling team treated us like rare diamonds! I have never experienced a GM being more hands on than Gary. He is amazing and so are his staff. From the moment you enter the hotel, until the time you leave, you feel like a superstar! Natashia & the rest of the team in conferencing are superb! All the gents at the concierge desk are impeccable! Thank you Jazz for carting my heavy boxes!!! Let me not start on the food!!! Oh my word!!! 24th Jan 2013 dinner fudge dessert was out of this world!!!! I am still drooling!!! That should be a Crystal Towers signature dessert!!!! Rooms are gorgeous!!! Make sure to ask for a room facing "The Mountain"! The housekeeping should be spot checked by management frequently as I found the mattress protector a bit "icky" and the sheets not folded professionally. A choice of a variety if pillows would be a great plus for this luxury hotel. The body products in the room are my favourite! Virgin Active gym across the road...BONUS!!!! Super staff, fabulous hotel, perfect location, amazing Spa experience...what more could one ask for! Oh...did I mention a HUGE shopping centre right next door?!!! Put Crystal Towers on your bucket list!

• Stayed: January 2013
ProteaHotels, General Manager at Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear KDKindie

Thank you so much for your review. From the amazing title to the in-depth detail of so many wonderful interactions you had with so many departments – I am pleased you felt like a superstar.

I have taken to heart the concerns regarding housekeeping and thank you for bringing these to our attention.

The TEAM appreciates your comments and the loyalty you have had towards our hotel, both in a personal capacity as well as with your business. I will share all of your personal mentions with the STAFF and they will certainly welcome your comments and continue to strive for excellence.

Thank you for expressing your love for the Crystal Life and I am sure we will see you again soon.