All reviews crystal towers table mountain cape town valet parking african pride mood lighting free shuttle modern luxury purple lighting canal walk breakfast buffet shuttle service star service excellent hotel knife restaurant conference facilities shopping mall
Reviewed January 12, 2018 via mobile

Great location in a cosmopolitan area with a modern architecture.
Breakfast is ok with a variety of food
Rooms looks very nice with enough space but the finishing are poor for such a hotel. Silicone and the gaskets for the shower were applied by beginners. Non ergonomic details like towel hooks.
Knife restaurant very nice atmosphere, very good meals and good prices.
Very nice front desk personnel but room maids were too insistent.
Regarding water problems the pool was closed, but the area is very nice. Unfortunately Cape Town area ia very dry for 3 years.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
CrystalTowers, General Manager at Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Dear Bogdan A

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at the Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers, however I am sorry to see that you found our bathrooms to be finished off poor and that our Room Attendants came forward as too insistent.

Thank you for your valuable feedback and please rest assure that your feedback will be shared with the relevant department heads in order for us to do the necessary training to ensure no other guest feels the same way.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 9, 2018

I had the pleasure of staying at the Crystal Towers for a quick business trip to Cape Town.

General:
- The hotel staff are great and very friendly, and the hotel in general is really, really nice. I had an early check-out, and the staff made me a cappuccino while I waited for some colleagues - a nice touch!

Room:
- The room was fairly spacious, and extremely modernly appointed, with beautiful ambient lighting, and has pretty much all that you could want or need. The bed was comfortable, and the TV pops out and recedes into the foot of the bed.

Location:
- The location of the hotel is conveniently very close to Century City, so you have a massive mall and amenities close by.

Unfortunately I could not try out their breakfast - as I had an early departure.

I really enjoyed my stay, even though it was brief, and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone needing to stay in the area.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
CrystalTowers, General Manager at Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2018

Dear TravelPeteZA

Your description of our hotel is just simply amazing! I am ecstatic to see that our team went out of their way not only to accommodate you with an early check-in, but also with every need that you had.

It was wonderful to have you at our hotel and we hope that wherever your travelers brings you to Cape Town that we would have the privilege of welcoming you back again!

Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

The most amazing view of the canal walk from the room. We had a fantastic time from the moment we checked in to the hotel to the room service we have received. We did not want to check out. The hospitality we received was excellent. All staff were always ready to assist and truly made our stay memorable.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shreya03

Dear Shreya03

It is just wonderful to read your review. We dedicate ourselves to ensure all our guests has a memorable stay and I am pleased to see that you did.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a amazing review of our hotel, we hope that your review would inspire other travelers to also come and pay us a visit.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers and we cannot wait to welcome you back again in the near future!

Reviewed January 3, 2018

The buffet-style breakfasts at this hotel remain magnificent with patrons being spoilt for choice with high-quality food and presentation. The service however is lacking in that the waitron staff don't clear the tables, nor do they come across to request that they refill your coffee. This was not the case in my many, many visits to this hotel to attend business meetings over breakfast and coffee.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank GusBehn
CrystalTowers, General Manager at Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2018

Dear GusBehn

I believe that Greg, Our Director of Operations, has already spoken to you, but I would also would like to take this opportunity and apologise for the lack of service you experience during your most recent visit at the Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers.

We clearly dropped the ball with regards to our Breakfast service and as you know this is not the level of service we provide to our guests. Greg has already shared your feedback with the relevant department head, in order for us to ensure the problem gets rectify and to ensure no other guest would experience the same.

Thank you for the sincere way in which you have chosen to communicate both positive and negative with us. We hope that we would be you host again in the near future, to show you our true cultural of service you always receive.

Reviewed December 31, 2017

The service in the hotel is very good, the staff is kind and very helpful. As one would expect for this level of hotel. The rooms - executive suite - are modern and the beds are very comfortable. The only minor was that due to the lack of rain the last 125 days in SA, we were not allowed to use the bath (no bath stop), we needed to ask for drinking water in the room and the kids were very dissapointed that we couldnt use the pool. We specifically choose this hotel because of the infinity pool. The water was already in there, but the hotel choose to not open it (other venues and hotels had their pool open). Since our plane left just after midnight, we even got a room after check-out time until 6pm, so gratefull for that. The breakfast is a bit poor, I expected more of that. No pancakes, not a big variety of breads and not very nice decorated. Enough staff for service thogh and coffee was very good.

Room Tip: Executive Suite, is at the corner so great view alongside
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
CrystalTowers, Manager at Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2018

Dear Maschadriessen

It is always encouraging to receive positive feedback, especially when it comes from who matter the most - Our GUESTS! We are trilled to see that our room met your expectations and that our team was eager to assist in any need.

I understand the disappointment of not being able to use our swimming pool facilities, but due to the water restrictions in Cape Town we had to unfortunately cover our swimming pool.

Thank you for sharing both positive and negative feedback with us. I have already shared your concerns with the relevant department manager. We hope to be your host again in the not so rare future!