“Delicious food, superb service”
Review of Charlie Gitto's

Charlie Gitto's
Reserve with OpenTable
Charlie Gitto's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Reservations
Description: While Italian/Sicilian preparations have made Charlie Gitto's a name known coast-to-coast, our menu also presents an array of signature steaks, veal, seafood, pizzas, salads, appetizers and desserts, such as homemade gelato and Italian cookies.
Reviewed July 17, 2015

I'm not a gambler, so I had never been to this Charlie Gitto's. I was VERY pleasantly surprised to find that the food and service were BETTER than that in Chesterfield. The ONLY thing keeping me from rating this a five is that awful low-level cigarette smoke smell that permeates casinos. I am VERY picky about smells, though, so most people might not notice it.

Our food was superb. I had the seafood risotto--generous seafood portion, perfectly done risotto...good serving size. If you wanted to also have dessert, take half the serving home for lunch the next day. I had the house salad--very good. My daughter had a special with beef and tomato pasta in a cream sauce. She LOVED it. Her portion was generous, too. The bread served at table was also delicious. Had a nice glass of Chianti, too. My brother had a grouper (I think) special. He is picky, and he said it was fabulous.

The service was a perfect mix of always available/ never obtrusive. My brother was delayed to meet us...waiter was not annoyed and offered appetizers while we waited. (Daughter ordered garlic cheesy bread and everyone enjoyed.) We sat for a while after paying...service frequently refilled our water and did not push us out (There were open tables available). We were there at 4:30 opening, before heading to a concert. Restaurant was busy for that early hour.

1  Thank Ursula S

Reviewed July 13, 2015

This restaurant is in a casino but the food, service, ambiance and overall experience was excellent.
The tortellini ala panna was the best we have found in twenty years. My wife asked for a little bits of tomato chopped into the pasta and they produced exactly what we wanted. The staf was attentive and the food was perfectly presented. My order of chicken saltimboca was another excellent dis.
We went back the next day to try other favorites but it was not open for lunch.
They had a good selections of wine and an excellent desert tray.
We were totally satisfied with our entrees and because we were drinking water we paid a little over $50 including tip.

1  Thank kctab
Reviewed June 10, 2015 via mobile

I love this place. I would visit more often if I lived closer. The food and atmosphere is excellent. Prices and service are average.

1  Thank Linda0558
Reviewed June 4, 2015

Tried Charlie's for the first time and wasn't disappointed. Tried takeout - so didn't get to experience dining, but will return and try soon. The menu has many great choices. Their pizzas are very very good. Services was great and atmosphere was very inviting. Can't wait to return.

1  Thank TBrattonDesigns
Reviewed April 18, 2015 via mobile

Hollywood casino gave us a few $20 off coupons last month. The atmosphere is very intimate and romantic. Service is high class and so polite. I canf wait to go back sometime. Try the chicken rigatoni, it's to die for.

1  Thank STL_Reviews2015