“Delightful Stay!”
other traveller has booked this property
Fountain Fine linens
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
Fountain
Fine linens
Suite Estate home
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

AnnSTL79
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Delightful Stay!”
Reviewed February 17, 2016 for a stay in January 2015

I stayed with the Spencers for a week last January while working at the hospital across the street. Darlene and Jim were the most gracious hosts, making me feel like one of the family. The suite included a large living room, bathroom and beautifully appointed bedroom with the finest French sheets. Darlene made me a wonderful breakfast shake each morning; sensitive to my dietary restrictions. She offers a gluten-free breakfast to accommodate various dietary needs.

On the third night of my stay, it was bitterly cold and I found a tire had gone flat on my car after dining at a local restaurant. The men at the restaurant insisted on changing the tire, but the brakes had frozen to the rotors. The next day, Jim and one of the house workers retrieved the car and took it to the local tire shop. They had a warm ride waiting to take me to and from the hospital while the waiting for a tire to be shipped. Of course, this was above and beyond what a hotel would have done to help. They truly consider their guests as family; extending the same care that they would give to one of their own. The Spencers made a bitterly cold week in Mexico, Missouri one of the most warm and welcoming business trips. One of these days, I'll get back there during the Spring to enjoy the white rose garden and hot tub gazebos!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Jim and Darlene's hospitality and attention to details.
Liked least: Mexico doesn't off much in the way of locally owned restaurants.
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
chrisandm...
Claremont, California
“Wow, this was a great place!”
Reviewed October 15, 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed with our son, Benton and his girlfriend Heather for the night after the Tough Mudder in nearby Montgomery City, Mo. It was delightful! We loved the owners who made us feel like family. They had lovely grounds that were lighted at night. We used the hot tub and it was great. For breakfast we had an egg in a pancake which was unique and Darlene shared the recipe with my son the wonder cook. Banana and grapefruit was on the table and orange juice. She made great coffee. All this was served on fine china. We also got a tour of the main home which was wonderful. We stayed in the home on the back of the property which was quite nice. It's furnishings were wonderful and the kitchen fully stocked. The bed linens were outstanding. Darlene monograms them and even put an embroidered S on the head board of one of the bedrooms. Wow, she did the drapes too. She is one talented lady! We loved our stay. Yes, it is unique and one of a kind!

Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: We loved the place and the host and hostess!
Liked least: ...can't think of a thing!
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Kununoppi...
Ohio
“Skip this place”
Reviewed April 2, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

We stayed in the "cottage" in the back yard. With the price of this place, we expected a charming experience There's nothing charming about this cottage. The furnace frequently doesn't work. We woke up on two different nights in the wee hours with indoor temperatures in the 50's. Even when the furnace works, it's very drafty and feels like there is no insulation. (The entire place has very amateurish construction, so this makes sense). And with one small window air conditioner, I wouldn't expect any better climate control in the summer than it had in the winter. Finally, the decor is straight out of the 1970's (or earlier), and looks like a collection from a garage sale. Worn and dated. It reminds me of staying in grandma's basement. This place is not worth the premium prices that they charge. Don't stay here

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: location
Liked least: everything else
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
11 Jun 2014
Nothing this person reported is true. This person actually did not pay anything to stay there a week and a half as she was a guest of the person renting. I have had guests there off and on all spring and have had wonderful compliments, such as "This is the best kept secret in Mexico, Mo." Thank you for allowing me to make this response. Darlene Spencer, owner.

Travellers are raving about these Mexico hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing