“Beware: no service and rude GM”

Kitaro Bistro of Japan
Ranked #23 of 191 Restaurants in O'Fallon
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Wentzville, Missouri
“Beware: no service and rude GM”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

went to Kitaro on friday to enjoy a nice evening out. arrived alittle before 7:00 and expected a wait but was seated right away to a hibachi table where there was others already seated and was mid way through there meal. Ok, I was fine with that however we sat at a table where we were packed in like sardines. I am a small women that would not have been able to bring my fork to my mouth without bumping into the guy next to me. the noise from the other tables where so loud that we choose to not stay and go into the dining room. We went to the hostess and voiced out complaint and was seated right away in the dining room. After 20 minutes of waiting and never got acknowledged, we stopped a waitress who had walked past us atleast 10 times with in the 20 minutes and had asked if she was our server. she answered "no" . We decided to leave but before exiting I informed the Hostess that we never got acknowledged and that we would not come back. Her answer was clearly "ok" and thats it. as myself who worked in the industry you never just say ok! I had asked for her name and informed her that she was very rude! She replied back "better yet, let me give you my buisiness card". The hostess and rude lady is KIM WRIGHT the GM of KITARO!
we will never go back! Unfortunately I can't give an opinion on the food, we never ate!

• Visited February 2012

O Fallon, MO
“Fun Japenese grill”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Fun place to go - always have done the Hibachi grill - never done the sushi part - but it is always crowded so it must be good. Fun place to go with groups!

St. Louis, MO
“Best Sushi in St. Charles, Co.”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Great, fresh sushi or for lots of fun, try the habachi grill. Both are worth the trip. Mid-week steak special is really good and priced right.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good hibachi, skip the sushi.”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

The hibachi side is your typical food and show, and is the 2nd best this side of the river. Araka is our 1st choice in St. Charles County. We have tried the sushi on 4 different visits and there's nothing wrong with it, but it's just average...nothing special. The service here is always great.

1 Thank BusinessTravlere
Missouri
“Average Meal”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We had dinner here on a Sunday night. We were seated right away. I would give both the service and food 3.5 stars, average to slightly above. We would go back, but next time we want this kind of restaurant, we will probably try somewhere else.

• Visited January 2012