“Chimichangas good”

Don Emiliano's Restaurante Mexicano
Ranked #35 of 200 Restaurants in O'Fallon
Price range: US$5 - US$26
Description: Sharing the culture and food of Mexico with our authentic, fresh, made to order dishes. Call in your to go order or let us cater your next event!
Reviewed November 21, 2016

We had the Al Pastor and Azteca chimichangas with rice, beans, guacamole and pico de gallo. We both enjoyed the meal and were stuffed when done. We enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. We will be trying it again. The salsa was nice and thick and the chips were okay, nothing special there. Good food for a good price.

Reviewed September 7, 2016

Vegetable quesadilla was excellent; pork street taco was good but a little salty. Service was very pleasant. We got to sample the flan that is to be added to the menu. It was sweet and almost like a cheesecake filling.

Reviewed July 21, 2016 via mobile

My bride and I went here again cause we like the food. She got the steak fajitas and she really enjoyed and I got some of their street tacos. The tacos are not Americanized so no lettuce or cheese but just meat, onions and cilantro with a lime to squeeze over them. I got 5: Camarone (shrimp) grilled pollo (chicken) Tinga (shredded chicken in a chipotle sauce) Carne Asada (steak) and Al Pastor (pulled pork and pineapple). Will get again. They have lots of other things to try, but I like their street tacos. Their chips and salsa is also very tasty but might be a little spicey for some. Will be going back

Reviewed June 25, 2016 via mobile

We wanted to try a new place and I saw this place the other day, so we gave it a try. I won't say it is a horrible place, it is new and I know it takes a little while to get on track. We ordered our food and there was a little language barrier between our server and us. Unfortunately he did not understand english very well.
We ordered and had a hard time trying to get the server to understand what we wanted. We should have known that something wasn't working. When we got our drinks, we ordered mango margaritas and both got regular ones. At that point I knew the food was going to have a problem. The drinks weren't bad, just not what we ordered.
When we got our food, the presentation was good and looked good. But the specifics we asked to change on the inside of the chimi's did not happen. Unfortunately, we didn't see much of our server to tell him about it, I don't think he would have understood any way. Even though the food didn't come out correctly, I won't say it was really bad, because I have had much worse, it was still edible, just not what we ordered.

Reviewed April 1, 2016

Our first vist was well worth the chance we took after seeing only 3 reviews. We were greeted nicely, seated and the service was superb. We ordered margaritas along with guac and sour cream to go with the salsa and chips-the margs were sweet but still excellent. The chips were fresh and the salsa was good- although I like mine a bit more spicey. The guacamole was superb- fresh chunky and tasty. My wife ordered the chicken fajitas and she gave them 5 stars. I had the Alambre and it was marvelous. As for the service it was great- attentive yet not bothersome. The owner came over during the meal to see if we were doing good and that was nice. We will be returning and spreading the word!!!!