“Weekend in Osage”

Town & Country Motel
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Osage Beach
Reviewed 5 July 2017

A couple weekends ago my husband and I stayed in the Town & Country Motel. It was a spur of the moment thing. This was a very pleasant stay. Clean, comfortable and quiet. We got lost on our way in and the staff was able to guide us in with no problem. Every thing from the Cow sugar cookies at check in to being greeted by Bo the bulldog pup was a joy. I will be staying a few nights in Osage Beach again soon and of course I know where I will be staying. Town & Country Motel!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Coni and Morris W, Owner at Town & Country Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

We are so grateful for your kind words and great review. We hope you come back soon. (And Bo says hi!)

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed over the long weekend for the 4th of July holiday. Room and hotel was very clean, even by my wife's standards. The pool was kept in great shape as well. Bed was comfortable for some much needed rest. Don't go expecting the latest and greatest technology and features, but do go expecting clean and comfortable rooms! Great location away from the traffic but close enough with a short drive to everywhere.
Would stay here again without issue.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

We're glad you enjoyed your stay! We don't have a lot of technology, but we have flat-screen TV's and high-speed WiFi (that's free) for our guests. We hope you come back soon!

Reviewed 7 June 2017

So, I decided to have a mini-vacation all by myself. I didn't want to spend a lot of money but I did want a nice place that was clean with a pool. Well, I found it. The Town and County Motel. As others have said before me ... the owners are terrific as is the staff. I was offered a "Cow" sugar cookie upon arrival, made by Grandma. It was delicious. I had reserved a King room and put my luggage in the room and went to a nearby Dierbergs just to get a few groceries. When I got back there was a note on my door to come to the office. I went to the office only to find out that the building I was in was having water problems. The lady co-owner helped me to move my things from that room to the new one which was every bit as nice as the first. The rooms are larger than usual. The bed had a new mattress and I slept so go it was unbelievable. Room 19. I was directly across the parking lot from the swimming pool. The pool was extremely clean. Very nice. First time I went swimming I was all alone and it was so relaxing. So nice. If you smoke, they have ashtrays just outside your room. Take a lawn chair so you can sit outside and smoke and watch the people and the world go by. They have a bull dog. His name is Beauregard...they call him Bo. What a sweetie he is. Refrigerator and microwave in each room. Continental breakfast which I didn't go to because I don't eat breakfast. Not much else I can say. A great place and a great price. Enjoy!!!

Room Tip: I had Room 19 - just across the parking lot from the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Coni and Morris W, Owner at Town & Country Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Wonderful! What a beautiful review! And coming after one of our more trying days (the water softener quit and the repairman had to shut the water off overnight, which means we lost the entire west wing for a night) makes this message even more uplifting.
We're so glad you had a great stay with us, and that you enjoyed the new bed.
Thank you so much!
And Bo the English Bulldog puppy says hi!

Reviewed 1 June 2017

This was a great find. We love to support the family owned businesses that really take pride in their business like these folks. This was clean and neat and the folks are so nice. The price is right. The rooms are clean and comfortable. It was quiet. The shower water pressure was fabulous. It was such a nice experience. We would definitely come back to this motel if we ever come to Osage Beach again. We love the small family owned and cared for places. Thanks for making our stay a great one. A the front desk Mascot was a cutie. Homemade cookies in shape of a cow too.

Room Tip: Room around back.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Coni and Morris W, Manager at Town & Country Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

We appreciate the kind words and great review! And from our family to yours, we hope you come back to Osage Beach soon. We're glad you stayed with us.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Clean and comfortable and relatively quiet. The guests next door came in late and must have been drunk because they kept trying to get into our room. I stayed here because it is relatively low priced and I figured that a place that goes to the effort to make everything cow themed and dress in a cow suit for pics of the hotel must care about and work a bit more to ensure a nice stay for guests. In general this seems to be true. The motel seems a bit run down and you can tell they have tried to renovate it. Fridge and microwave are available in the room. I would suggest that they use weather stripping for the door to seal up the cracks around the edges and install a lid for the toilet seat so one does not accidentally drop things in it.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Coni and Morris W, Owner at Town & Country Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Thank you for your review. You are right, we DO work a bit more to make it a nice place. You are also correct, we have been working like crazy to update and renovate the place, including new beds, new A/C units, new coffee makers, new mini-fridges, and even new hardwood floors in several of the rooms. Not sure about the "run down" part, since we've repainted the pool, resurfaced the parking lot, replaced the roof, and replaced any damaged siding, so if you have any additional ideas for sprucing up the place, we'd love to hear them! Thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

My best friend and stayed at Town & Country and the rooms were spotless, staff was friendly and I loved the homemade cow cookies. I would definitely recommend and stay there again. The pool was nice and clean. We were close to many attractions and shopping and restaurants. You couldn't beat the price. We met some very nice people at the pool area and made some new friends. Best place to stay in my opinion. Not fancy but clean and very reasonably priced. Thank you for making our trip great!!!!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Coni and Morris W, Owner at Town & Country Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2017

Thank you so much, Jeane! We really appreciate the high marks. It makes us so happy when people notice and recognize how hard we work to make this the cleanest hotel at the lake. And you are absolutely right, we aren't fancy. Our goal is "Affordable, Clean, and Friendly," which is what most folks want. Thank you again for taking the time to write this wonderful review!

Reviewed 13 February 2017

We have stayed here for a concert series the past 3 years, during the last week of April, first week of April. The office staff is very friendly and the rooms are clean. We send an Oxygen concentrator ahead and it is always handled exactly right by the staff. The access is excellent, and the rooms are quiet , and the beds are comfortable. Haven't used the pool, as it is still too cool in March, but it looks to bw well maintained. Overall you can't beat this place. I've spent more elsewhere, but hav never got more. Good place, good folks.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HazeGray
Coni and Morris W, Owner at Town & Country Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! Credit for the Concentrator handling also goes to the local oxygen company Lincare, along with co-owner Coni, who used to manage a Lincare branch in Nevada a few years ago. We hope you can come see us in the summer and try out the pool this year. Thanks again!