“What a Great Week at Kirkwood Lodge”
Review of Kirkwood Lodge

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kirkwood Lodge
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Well what do I say, this place was a diamond in the rough! I went down for the pre july holidays as the July 4th was on Wed. this year. It is a very quaint place that has no tvs or telephones, but has everything for an awesome relaxing weekend. They did have a tv in the lobby and pool room if you needed one, but I planned to spend most of my time on the water anyway. I planned on coming down for just a few days then found the pool, lakeside views of Back Water Jacks with million dollar boats pulling in all day long, and I just couldnt leave. I Decided to stay for the week. The Employees were very nice and bent over backwards for me as I needed lots of ice for my many cocktails at the pool. Rooms have many different views as its the last of any real lodges at the lake. They had many single type units/cottages or attached to the main lodge as well. Very reasonable pricing and if you plan on being on the water this is the place for you. They also have a company that rents boats and waverunners, so something always going on in this cove! I will definitely be coming back this summer.

Room Tip: I like what they call deluxe east as they have a front and back door with a patio to sit out and wat...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dan S
There are newer reviews for Kirkwood Lodge

Reviewed 13 April 2010

WOW - This place is awesome - lake front rooms - home cooked meals - jet ski rental on site- - Great location - Clean rooms - FUN FUN FUN - i had a group of 12 , and the Kirkwood couldnt have been better - i will be a FAN of kirkwood for life !!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kgalvin186
Reviewed 13 March 2010

stayed at kirkwood first time last summer with the entire family. beautiful views of the lake.....clean rooms and plenty of family activities are what you can expect at kirkwood.from swimming to boating and fishing there was always something to do...or just relax with beautiful scenic views of the lake.friendly staff was always helpful and home cooked meals were excellent. bring the kids they will love it!! we will be back this year for sure.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank jammined
Reviewed 11 March 2010

This past summer (August 15-18 2009) my family and I stayed in what we like to call the Presidential BBQ Suite -Room #32. It has a great view of the Cove and is right next to the BBQ Patio adjacent to the Lodge. I am a Chef and it's great being able to cook right outside the room. Of, course the family style buffet that the Lodge offers is great too...and the kids love watching all of the hummingbirds feed right outside the dining hall windows. I bring my waverunner down as well which I keep right below the lodge at their brand new docks. The Outlet Mall is also right around the corner which me wife REALLY liked! And of course the pool right next to the lake was fun for all of us. We are already planning a return visit this year with several friends and their families.

Reviewed 10 March 2010

My friends and I have been going to Kirkwood Lodge for awhile now and we just love it. Home cooked meals, relaxing by the pool side, and enjoying the friendly atmosphere. Anything we needed all we have to do is ask and the Kirkwood staff makes sure you have it. I recommend Kirkwood Lodge to anyone that is just wanting to get away from it all or just to have a blast with friends.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2010

"We stayed at Kirkwood Lodge over the july 4th weekend last year for a holiday good time. We were concerned due to the negative reviews, but we couldn't pass up the great rates. Wow, were we surprised! Kirkwood Lodge is obviously not for everyone, but it is a wonderful place to "get away from it all" and we loved it! Our room was very clean, cozy and comfortable. We really enjoyed the patios outside are room for relaxing at night and enjoying the terrific view of the lake. If your looking for a 5 star hotel thats got stuffy employees and every ammenity possible than this place isnt for you. If you are looking for a fun weekend, very relaxing, great waterfront and about the freindliess staff and people this place is for you. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful, and very friendly. We'll definitely return, and bring more friends with us!" Well hope to be there this summer as well!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2010

Myself,husband and two children recently stayed at Kirkwood Lodge in Lake of the Ozarks,Missouri and I must say this place was GREAT!! We wanted to get away for some quality family time and boy did we get it. We enjoyed entertainment and the food was AWESOME. We never even knew this place was there. You could not ask for a better location right in the heart of the Lake activities. We enjoyed the great views of the lake from the pool area,our room and the dining room is wall to wall glass so all you see is lake. All the staff we encountered there were so nice and always asking if they could do anything for us. I must say we will be returning since our oldest son has already asked us when we can go back. Looking forward to the summer to enjoy many weekends at Kirkwood.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
6.6 km away
Lodge of  Four Seasons
Lodge of Four Seasons
#2 of 12 in Lake Ozark

Been to Kirkwood Lodge? Share your experiences!