I hadn't been to Tan Tar A for a number of years. This resort used to the be one of the best in Missouri featuring luxurious rooms and tons of amenities. It is showing its age, but if you go into it knowing it's not a 5 star resort you'll enjoy it. They would probably have to implode this resort and start over to really get it up to today's high end resort standards. I had a room in the main building. It was on the top floor and had a spectacular view. It was a very nice sized room with two double beds, a small round table, sofa and coffee table and would work well for a family of 4. The room had a separate sink area outside the bath. The TV was an older version but worked fine and had a lot of channel options. The room was fine if you aren't really picky about things. The wrought iron balcony needed paint. The carpeting was a little stained in the corners, but overall the room was clean, well lit and comfortable.
Tan Tar A still has a lot of charm and the "older feel" seems to be a fit with the lake. In the Summer you could probably wear your swimsuit or shorts and a t-shirt just about anywhere. They still have tons to do at this resort....a nice arcade, minature golf, bowling alley, large water park, nice fitness center that adjoins an indoor pool and hot-tub, shops, a few restaurants to choose from including a Burger King in the main building, tennis and golf. You also have a number of things you can do at their marina to enjoy the lake. I've played the 9 hole course and it is a really nice "executive" course. It appears to be in very good shape. Their main course "The Oaks" looked like it had not recovered from the winter yet.
While the fitness center, indoor pool and hot tub are included with the cost of the room, it appears just about everything else is extra. I would check to see if you can include some of the activities as a package with your room, otherwise you are going to spend some serious money if you use all the amenities. The waterpark is $22.00 per person. The miniature golf is $8.00 per person.
For a weekend or perhaps 4 day trip, this could be a fun family place. Just don't expect a Hyatt or Hilton lobby or room, be ready to pay extra for things to do throughout the day and you'll enjoy it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Tan-Tar-A Resort, we provide guests endless excitement with an abundance of year round recreational activities in a casual and relaxed resort setting with an experienced team of friendly staff. Conveniently located on the shores of the Lake of the Ozarks in Central Missouri,Tan-Tar-A Resort offers a great value for families, couples, and conference attendees with:- Exciting water adventures including wave runners, and ski, pontoon & paddle boat rentals- Wet, wild indoor family fun at Timber Falls Indoor Waterpark- 27 holes of championship golf with tree-lined fairways, rolling hills and breathtaking vistas of the Lake of the Ozarks- The "Bears Den" Arcade, guided horseback trail rides, miniature golf, a bowling alley and two outdoor tennis courts provide guests of all ages a variety of fun experiences- Seasonal supervised fun for kids ages 4-12 at "Kids Kabin" and "Camp Tan-Tar-A". While the adults are golfing or enjoying a romantic day at the spa, the kids can have the times of their lives with a variety of affordable fun activities2- Windjammer Spa and Salon is the place to spend a day nourishing your body and soul in an intimate, relaxed setting- 9 restaurants & lounges available to suit every palate and pocketbook, from hardy casual Ozark favorites to lakeside dining- Over 90,000 square feet of customizable indoor meeting space with 30 meeting rooms,as well as multiple scenic outdoor venues- Experienced, down-to-earth conference planning team offering solutions to unique group events- Personalized, custom wedding services, down to the last detail ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tan-Tar-a Resort, Golf Club, Marina And Indoor Waterpark
- Tan-Tar-a Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark Hotel Osage Beach
- Osage Beach Tan Tar a Resort
- Tan Tara Resort
- Tan Tar Hotel Osage Beach
- Tan Tar Resort Osage Beach
- Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark Osage Beach, MO - Lake Of The Ozarks