“Pretty good reasonable Chinese”
Review of New China

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
New China
Ranked #11 of 17 Restaurants in Pacific
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 21 June 2016

Pretty good. All the normal Chinese American menu items. Hot and sour soup is outstanding. Priced right. Fresh ingredients. Would go again

Reviewed 3 May 2016

Up front, I'll admit I'm not a fan of Chinese food in general, but my sweetie likes it, so we do eat it occasionally. While this is mostly edible, there is better Chinese not too far away, and much better restaurants in Pacific.

I've never been inside the building, but it looks like it was converted from an old convenience store. My sweetie who has picked up the food the couple of times we've ordered from here says it's surprisingly cleaner than he expected, but not great.

We last ate here a couple of years ago, as we prefer a restaurant in Eureka which is slightly better. We'd only order here more often if they delivered (we can be lazy some days).

The food was not very tasty, and everything tasted a little "different" than usual Chinese food and WAY too greasy. It has been too long for me to remember what we ordered, but I know neither of us were satisfied and we have not ordered from there in years.

Overall, we have not found a Chinese restaurant in the area to recommend yet, but this would be last on our list.

Reviewed 5 April 2016

This place is a typical take out Chinese food. The food is not really memorable. It is better to take and go home, rather than eat in.

Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

There are many different ways to interpret what good Chinese food vs. what bad Chinese food is.

For this establishment it is ALL bad.

Seeing fresh meat in storage containers outside of required refrigeration while ferrel cats indulge, then to be used for human consumption is beyond my choice of delicacy.

The majority of the food is fried without any alternative cooking options. The crab rangoon is sweet, not savory. The language barrier makes it difficult to order and they are carryout only.

1  Thank Tracy D
Reviewed 28 October 2015

I'm leery trying Chinese places because I have had some bad experiences but, this place was great.....even though they didn't know if they used peanut oil.Too bad my boyfriend couldn't try due to his peanut allergy.I had the beef and broccoli ....large portion and very tasty.

Been to New China? Share your experiences!