“Average lunch”

El Maguey
Ranked #26 of 95 Restaurants in Rolla
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 11, 2017

Let me start by saying, I'm from Texas so I think I have different Mexican food expectations. I require a lot of flavor and really fresh ingredients to rate something as very good or excellent. I ordered lunch chicken fajitas here and the chicken reminded me of the texture and prep of Chinese food. It was not like a breast sliced and grilled which is what I was expecting. It didn't have much seasoning that made it have a Mexican flare at all. It was the condiments that made it have some flair. When I asked my 13 year old son how his tacos were, he shrugged and said "it was ok". Follows suit with my opinion, just average, not horrible, not special. Maybe other meals are better.

Reviewed December 22, 2016 via mobile

Once again the food is spectacular... I had a steak burrito smothered in cheese sauce with beans and rice on the side I think it's called the San Juan... I highly recommend it ... my son had grilled chicken over Mexican rice smothered in cheese , I tasted it and it was delicious as well... Great service, great price, great food

Reviewed November 21, 2016

A very good Mexican place. We love to come here with family usually for lunch, sometimes dinner. I do like the old place better, but the new one if fine.

Reviewed November 14, 2016

The Chicken Bandito is must try! So delicious! Great Salsa and Chips. Also check out the JUMBO margarita if you're in the mood. The only down fall, the waiter was not very attentive to our drinks and we really could have used another drink

Reviewed October 9, 2016

The place was almost packed at lunch on a Saturday but our food came out rather quickly hot and fresh. The have lunch specials everyday on their menu. The salsa was ok nothing special but the beef fajitas were very good and plentiful.

Been to El Maguey? Share your experiences!