“Great local breakfast”

Penelope's
Ranked #12 of 97 Restaurants in Rolla
Cuisines: American, Greek
Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

Wife and I want to just local restaurant for breakfast and head Outlets and shared pancakes.

This restaurant was very clean in the waitress friendly. Large portions and really good coffee would recommend.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed December 12, 2017 via mobile

We were in town for a wedding and stopped in both Saturday and Sunday morning for breakfast. Food was great and the staff was very friendly. Service was quick as well. If I am ever in rolla again I will stop here for breakfast!!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

We visited at 12:30pm Sunday Oct 8th, 2017. We had 9 in our party. Most of us had traveled from Springfield MO. My son is an S&T student and he picked this place for his birthday lunch. We had eaten here once before and it was great. This time was not as good. I ordered the 3 piece fried chicken special with okra and mashed potatoes. The server came back and said I couldn't have okra with the special. None of the other sides sounded good so I asked if I could just pay extra for the okra. He said I couldn't and that he couldn't ask the person in the kitchen because they were already stressed out and things were tense in there. He raved about the mac and cheese then realized that it was also one of 3 or 4 sides I could not order with the special. Finally the server suggested corn over coleslaw but it just tasted like frozen or canned corn...nothing special. When my food arrived the chicken was yummy but the gravy was cold and the mashed potatoes were barely warm. No one else in the group said anything about their food.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed October 1, 2017

NIce friendly staff, good selection of food, I like the greek salad, eaten here a few times and tried a few items and all pretty good. The stormchaser says a good choice for a good price

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

Traveling for work so I decided on the way back to the hotel to stop and get a salad. The main dining room was not busy, but there was a large group in the rear of the restaurant.

I asked for the Greek salad with gyro meat and once it arrived it was really tasty. The server was very pleasant but not super attentive. In fact she came back with my check not intending to inquire if I wanted dessert.

In keeping with true TripAdvisor recommendations part of the reason I was there was for a piece of that carrot cake.

I'd wait half an hour for another piece of that carrot cake. It was fantastic despite the fact that I took it as take out. It was the most moist cake ever.

If my work brings me back this direction, I'll just ask the hostess for a piece of take out cake.

Date of visit: September 2017

Been to Penelope's? Share your experiences!