“Great Food, Excellent Service, Amazing Beer”
Review of Mission Taco Joint

Mission Taco Joint
Ranked #37 of 286 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

A friend and I stopped here yesterday and boy were we glad. The haberno chicken and shrimp tacos which I ordered were amazing. They have an amazing selection of tequila for those who prefer that spirit and the beer selection is very widely ranged too. Definitely stop by if in the area!

Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

We visited the taco joint for the very first time tonight. We were excited to sit on the patio and told we would have a 15 to 20 minutes wait. We checked in with the hostess twice and they said there must have been some mistake we don't have you on our list at all. We sat at the bar while we waited and ordered 2 Margaritas. We were shocked when we get the bill for around $18. What was even worse is the margarita was filled to the max with ice so I finished my $9 margarita in about six sips. Finally after 40 minutes we were seated outside and had a very good waiter which is the only reason I'm giving this 2 stars. My recommendation is if you're going to charge a $9.00 for a margarita make sure you give a generous amount and try to get more organized with keeping people on the waitlist.

Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I each had three tacos each. The least favorite for me was the brisket, flavor was really great but the texture was that of a roast in a crockpot all day. His least favorite was the flank steak taco, basically just flank steak isn't that good- boring. He thought the portabella was good with great flavors. I had the habanera chicken taco with so much flavor with the cabbage and pickled onions. The shrimp taco also had great flavors with the mango salsa and slaw. The guacamole was fresh and delicious but the salsas were just ok. Will definitely go back and try other tacos!

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

Food was hot and fresh. Server was friendly and attentive, but a little slow to refill drinks. The taco shell was the most unique part of the food.

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

Love the interior, look feel. Bar, high table, table, patio, and 6-8 person booth seating makes it great for solo to groups. The menu is simple but should cover all but the pickiest eaters and will likely get occasional updates to keep the menu fresh.
Several beers, most cocktails, a few wine selections, and a sampling of house concoctions will keep things flowing. Just come prepared with your list of primary and secondary choices of spirits because there is no list to choose from since it is apparently that vast.
The only warnings I post are these: avoid the rush times because it is a popular (and new) establishment, and expect the loudness (music, crowd) which borders on too loud for our tastes because we came to eat, not dance!