“Interesting "A la Carte" style Taco Restaurant”
Review of Mission Taco Joint

Mission Taco Joint
Ranked #52 of 279 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Reviewed October 15, 2017

First of all, let me just say that everything on the menus is "A la carte". There are no "entree's" or "combo's on the menu. All items are priced individually, including chips and salsa which means your bill can add up very quickly. That being said, the quality and presentation of the food is very good. There is a good selection of (small) gourmet tacos to choose from, my favorite being the Shrimp which was set off by the mango salsa that was on it and was $3.75. The Queso cheese dip was excellent but for a small serving was an additional $7. Chips & salsa was yet another $4. The salsa was not anything special, pretty much a mild thick sauce with very little seasoning but the chips were good. The order of Cilantro Rice was another $3 but was not even half as good as the Cilantro rice at Chipotle so we would not order the rice again. So for two people to have two small taco's each splitting an order of rice, one order of chips to share, and one order of cheese dip to share, you're looking at close to a $30 lunch without drinks.

Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

This ain't your momma taco joint! From the moment you walk in, you are surrounded by a feeling that this is going to be goooooood! And I was not let down.
It was date night and I took the love of my life to Mission Taco Joint.
We decided to start out dinner off with a serving of chips and salsa and an order of chicken flautas.
The taste buds were leaping with joy when our appetizers came. The flautas were standing at full attention on end and sitting in a light bath of ancho BBQ sauce and Mexican crema drizzle with "Mission Tacos" spelled out. It looked awesome and the flavor matched. There was no fillers in this. All chicken, corn, spices and whatever else in those tightly rolled packages, and made for an unbelievable appetizer.
The salsa didn't let me down as well. Two types. One mild the other spicy but both awesome and both house made.
When our main entrees arrived my mouth watered like Pavlov's dog. I've had just about all their offers on tacos and I seriously cannot recommend one because all are outstanding. However if one were to twist my arm and make me pick two, they would have to be the Baja Fish and the BBQ Duck.
I throughly enjoyed Mission Taco Joint and plan on coming back again. So next time you are out on a date night with the love of your life, check this place out. Maybe you'll get lucky with more than just great food.....wink, wink.

Reviewed September 15, 2017

Very small menu with not your normal Mexican style choices to choose from. Food is good but if you are wanting a more traditional taco this would be for you. Service was slow. Outdoor seating is nice. Drinks to choose from.,

Reviewed September 8, 2017

Made my first visit to Mission Taco for lunch today, after hearing about the Midwest chain for over a year. The new location in The Streets of St. Charles complex seems lost among the numerous bars & restaurants, but the interior space is large & seating options are varied (including bar, tables & booths indoors plus an outdoor patio). The lunch staff wasn't overly friendly, but I got good service at the bar while dining alone. The Friday lunch clientele were mixed, from older business partners in pairs/small groups to singles & pairs of 30-something professionals to college coeds. Interior noise was minimal with a small lunch crowd, though I could imagine the high ceilings and minimal wall decorations amplifying conversational volumes when the space fills up with patrons (as another member mentioned).

My food came out quickly, and was very fresh & flavorful. I got two soft shell tacos, one each with rather small servings of grilled fish & carne asada, and each had unique toppings. The only product overload was the big bowl of refried black beans as my side dish, which I could've split with someone else & still had more left in the bowl. Just over 13 bucks with a soft drink & tax for a suitably filling lunch, which is a relative bargain at today's restaurant prices.

I will return to Mission to try more of their menu items. It certainly satisfied my immediate Mexican food craving, which is a common excuse for me to seek out new restaurants to try. With a growing list of locations to choose from in the St. Louis Metro area, you shouldn't have trouble finding a Mission Taco Joint near you.

Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

Great place for cocktails and food.
Get the three little pigs burrito and the margaritas are yummy.