“Beer is great but not much else is”

Trailhead Brewing Co.
Ranked #21 of 279 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Trailhead's American-style menu offers something for everyone. Our extensive menu features items ranging from meats prepared using a wood-fired smoker to a selection of gourmet pizzas, appetizers, sandwiches, soups and salads as well as house specialties and entrees. Plus, don't miss our ale-battered fish & chips, a house favorite! All of our friendly servers are prepared to offer suggestions on the beer selection that will best compliment your meal.
Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

After eating an awful BLT today ( soggy,bacon unflavored at best) during lunch today I began to realize that while I will continue to patronize this establishment, it will only be for their excellent beer.....during happy hour when they have good prices on bar pizzas and other items.

The service is usually OK but after numerous disappointing lunch visits (food issues) over the last year or so its apparent that Trailhead is no longer what it used to be. Really wish I could give them higher rating.

Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

Dinner after a 4 day trip east after a recommendation from another rider on the trail.

Food was fine - service at table was very good (I blew it and didn't get his name). Our section was busy and loud - I think because of the acoustics in the room, but our server worked hard the entire time, and never felt neglected.

Probably should have done a better job going through menu before ordering. Son had a cheeseburger and I had the prime rib sandwich.

Trailhead Blonde was the beer I chose and was excellent.

Great location for the trail and center of town.

Reviewed June 13, 2018

It has some good food, good drink & sometimes.... good service! We have tried it a few times- and it seems like we get the bad waiter- or hostess that has a bad attitude??? Or Bar tender who is too busy doing other chores to wait on us since we are the only one at the bar??
But it is worth at least one visit- maybe you will have better service.

Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

We just returned from a day of riding bikes on the Katy Trail and we were starving. I had not done any research on restaurants in St. Charles. Trailhead was recommended by one of the bike shop employees. This restaurant was not bad by any means, but I would never recommend it to a friend. After we ate, we walked down the historic Main Street of St. Charles and saw so many places that looked much more interesting than Trailhead. If you want food like you can get at a lot of chain places like Applebee’s, this is for you. I personally wouldn’t go there again.

Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

We hit this restaurant whenever we are in town. The food is generally very good. I really enjoyed the pizza I ordered and my wife enjoyed her meal though she thought mine tasted better. We have 4 instead of 5 as service wasn't very attentive even though the restaurant was slow.