“Oh my goodness it's awesome!”

El Maguey Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 286 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

We had date night tonight and decided we wanted a great margarita and Mexican food. Checked out El Maguey. Wow! Food was delicious, margarita was the best and service was awesome. Our waiter did not hover but he made certain we had all we needed. Food was served quickly and portions were very big. We had fajitas for two. Umm, more like fajitas for 4! We required a to go box for leftovers. Awesome! Go to El Maguey. That's all I can say!

1  Thank Debbie J

Reviewed April 2, 2017 via mobile

Service was fast and friendly. The food was good except an item was found in one of the plates and they were ok with removing the food item from the bill without a problem. A special desert was provided for the birthday girl and enjoyed by a couple more in the group. A nice experience to remember.

Reviewed March 23, 2017 via mobile

The margaritas are great and very strong. The food is average. The service was good. We went due to convenient location and others recommended. The only reason I would return would be for the margaritas. The menu is huge. My husband ssid his was great so maybe I ordered the wrong thing.

Reviewed March 14, 2017

I have eaten in two locations for this chain, and they are consistently good. After you are seated, chips and salsa are always brought to you immediately. Then as you take your first bite, water is delivered, and they take your drink order. They deliver the drinks and ask for your order, and before you know it its on your table, hot, and its always delicious. I appreciate this restaurant, and I think their margarita flavor is one of the best around. Limey, not to sweet, and plenty of tequila. Great food, great service, and consistent.

Reviewed March 1, 2017

It was my 31st Anniversary.. Our son and daughter-in-law took us there with our 3 grandchildren.. The food was GREAT and the waitress was wonderful! The kids did not get antsy because the food was delivered to our table hot, and quickly. Cant say enough about this great place!