“Very Good Food, Great People”

Tequila Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #107 of 286 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 25, 2016

Go get take out from here every couple weeks, staff is always very nice even when they're busy. The chile rellenos are okay, always seem to have a lot of seeds still in them, but they're wonderfully spicy and hello.. melted cheese! The chimis are good, beef or chicken and the queso dip they put on them is ah-mazing! They could put that cheese dip on everything and I would be okay with it. My mom always gets the tequila special, which is a whole chicken breast topped with shrimp and mushrooms in a spicy cheese sauce, she says its awesome! Chips are always fresh, salsa is kind of lack luster, but it works. Overall a great little restaurant that puts out a great product. Margaritas are great too!

Reviewed September 19, 2016

Good menu selection and tasty food. Have dined at many other local mex joints, but Tequila's has the best flavor, so I don't agree with other reviewer's "bland" comments. We also love the Margaritas, not too sweet, not too tart and enough tequila so you know you had a cocktail 30 minutes later. They are brownish because they are not out of a gallon jug with artificial green coloring, they mix their own Margarita. I'm partial to the Burrito Al Carbon, the steak is very tasty. Ask for the "special" salsa if you want to kick it up a notch. Recently (Summer 2016) went smoke free, even in the bar but they have patio seating.

Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

One of our favorite Mexican restaurants. The service is good and quick. Prices are very reasonable and adequate number of menu choices. The food is served fresh and hot. Plus, we like the $1.99 margaritas!

Reviewed October 14, 2015

This is my favorite mexican restaurant. The margaritas are excellent, food is good, I especially like the chicken chimichanga. We usually order the same thing each time. The only complaint I have, is that they do allow smoking in the bar area. But it's SMOKE, it does float in the air and seep over to the other side! I'd give 5 stars if it was non smoking. Just go outside people!

1  Thank MnJH5
Reviewed February 23, 2014

It was awful.

I will say that service was quick and the waiters were nice. And that's about the only good thing I can say about it. The margarita was brownish...It lacked flavour and tequila. I only drank about a quarter of it before giving up all together.
I ordered a spinach quesadilla which was decent but nothing special. Chips and salsa were bland and the salsa lacked flavour and heat.

As soon as I walked in, I could smell the smoke. It didn't bother me much as I was eating, but i was enough to make it noticeable. I won't be back and wouldn't recommend it to others.