“Yummy!”
Review of Small Cakes

Small Cakes
Ranked #3 of 5 Bakeries in Saint Joseph
Reviewed December 4, 2016 via mobile

Bought myself a cupcake here and it did not disappoint! Tons of flavors to choose from- definitely worth the price.

Reviewed August 24, 2016

The cupcakes here are very good, they have a variety of different flavors. I'm sure everyone could find something they liked. My favorite is Birthday Cake and German Chocolate.

Reviewed June 28, 2016

We've gotten tasty GF cupcakes here several times. The ones with cream cheese frosting are fantastic! The chocolate with cream filling (think DingDong) is also very good, a kid's dream. The cupcakes are large, big enough that sometimes I split them between 2 kids, cut straight down the middle. The store is very clean, the staff friendly. My only wish is if the GF cupcakes had a different wrapper or pik or sticker to denote GF. They look the same and taste soo good it can be scary for allergy concerns. Beware-they don't do GF on Sunday or Monday. We like to go to Chipotle for dinner and then stroll down to Small Cakes for dessert.

Reviewed August 16, 2015 via mobile

I came here with my family on the way to Lincoln. May I just say that this was by far the most delicious cupcake I have ever had, and trust me I know cupcakes. I got the peanut butter cup which was delectable with the perfect amount of frosting and a moist cake. Keep up the good work!

Reviewed January 8, 2015

I've gotten cupcakes here enough times to write a dang solid review. I'll write only on my last experience.
First of all, they run awesome specials on Veteran's Day. The staff is sweet and helpful. Those are probably the most positive comments I can give.
We got an assortment.
Carrot Cake -TOO MUCH FROSTING. The cake itself is alright, more spicy than carroty and not as moist as I'd like. There is a lot of cream cheese in this frosting. Very tangy, which cuts some of the sweet.
Lemon Cupcake- Meh. Not terribly lemony. Too much frosting here as well. Their lemon curd is incredibly sad compared to literally any lemon meringue pie.
Pink Vanilla- There is literally nothing special about this cupcake, unless it is the fact that you may well die of either a sugar coma or just from choking on SO MUCH FROSTING.
Peanut Butter Cup- I don't know who came up with this frosting, but unless you love the unholy combination of peanut butter and cream cheese swiped directly from Satan's prow, don't get it. The cream cheese is overwhelming. My husband declares this one "okay". The chocolate cupcake under the mountain of frosting also is far too delicate and disintegrates like dandelion fluff.
Chocolate Cream- This is the one that keeps bringing me back. It has the right amount of frosting, a tasty little filling, and the cake seems to have a slightly more moist texture, though that may be moisture borrowed from the filling. This one is good.
Cookie something- We got one other one that was supposed to be like cookies and cream. The frosting did taste like a little something besides sugar, but was incredibly cloying. The cupcake disintegrated upon biting into it, to reveal the biggest disappointment of all. Their supposed "marshmallow filling" is actually that nasty marshmallow topping you buy in a bottle, not marshmallow cream. It had all seeped into the cake and disappeared.
TL;DR Great place to put yourself into a diabetic coma. If you're looking for great flavor, look elsewhere.

1  Thank dsnider2006