“Great ice cream treats served to the music of 1950's rock and roll.”

Kris & Kate's Ice Cream Treats
Ranked #1 of 12 Dessert in Saint Joseph
Reviewed January 17, 2017

Kris and Kate's is a small ice cream stand shaped like a sundae. It is a landmark along the Belt in St. joseph. It is open only from late March to October, and closed for the winter. It is a great place to have and ice cream treat after a movie on a summer evening. Or if you are just cruising in your convertible and would like to stop for a treat.

Reviewed October 17, 2016

I HAD to go here because of the building! It's a delightfully quirky throwback to road-trip architecture. Once there, I had a tasty dipped cone of chocolate & vanilla twisted soft serve. It was almost too hot of a day to eat -- we had to slurp up the sweet drips before they totally melted away!

It's a fun, relaxed place with a huge menu of ice cream creations.

Reviewed October 2, 2016 via mobile

I had a hot fudge sundae with pecans, whipped cream and a cherry on top. Sounds boring, but it was some of the best soft serve ice cream I've had!

Reviewed September 19, 2016 via mobile

I've been going to Kris and Kates for 17 years and up until now I've been thoroughly satisfied and pleased with my food.
The girl that took my order acted bothered and it took her a while. I asked for a hot fudge sundae and she made the ice cream, which was great, but she put maybe a couple of tablespoons of hot fudge on it.
She never asked me if I wanted whip cream, a cherry, or nuts on it. The strawberry ice cream was phenomenal what little hot fudge there was good.

Reviewed September 15, 2016

Really neat ice cream shack off of Belt Way that takes you back to the 60's with its decor. If you are looking for a cool local dessert place whether its with family or after a date night this is the place to go.