“Quick stop but great stay and great view”

Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Ranked #16 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We were driving through from OK to OH and decided to make a stop overnight in Saint Louis. We happened to just pull off the highway and walk in to ask if they had a room available. They did. 3 Adults and we ended up staying in a suite room as it was cheaper than getting 2 king bed rooms. The rooms were really clean and so was the rest of the hotel. I ended up sleeping on the couch roll out and it was surprisingly comfortable. There is a Ruth's Chris and Starbucks in the bottom of the hotel. It is also right next to the arch. The front desk lady was kind and gave us a room facing it at our request. The employees we came across were all kind and helpful. We had a quick but really good stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the arch, it is pretty in the morning.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
HyattSTL-MGMT, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

We are happy to hear everything went well during your recent visit! Come see us again!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,117)

Reviewed 11 September 2017

The actual rooms and hotel are great. I only give this 3 stars because of the other factors that contributed to our experience there. First, when we pulled up in the circle drive by reception, we were told that the self parking lot was full. We only drove a few hours to get there, but with a baby, so you can imagine how much unorganized stuff was in our trunk. The bellhop brought a cart right away but was rushing us to unload everything, not even giving me time to figure out what I should take in and what I could leave in the car. We were planning on parking in their garage so that we could have easy access to the car. So now everything is unloaded and I go check in and wait inside with our cart of stuff. They told my husband to park 'right next door' at Mansion House parking garage. He did and walked back carrying the baby in the car seat. It was a 15 minute walk. If you can get the best parking space in the garage then it may be 'right next door' but that obviously wasn't possible. While he's walking back, I'm waiting with the luggage cart that I'm told I cannot take to the room on my own. After waiting 20 minutes, now that my husband and hungry baby are waiting in the hallway outside our room, I asked again if I can take the cart myself. I even said I would bring it right back down. They again said no. There were 3 of them there by the bellhop desk... I don't know what they were waiting for to take my cart up for me. So, I loaded 3 duffel bags on my shoulders, a diaper bag, a cooler, a plastic walmart bag, and my purse and headed up to the 10th floor. That is not service. You tell me I can't take the cart because "we are a full service hotel" and then watch me load up all this stuff on my back. THAT IS NOT SERVICE.

We had requested a crib in our room when we made the reservation and I asked again when we checked in. There was no crib in the room. They did bring one within about 15 minutes. The view is not great right now because of the construction by the arch. You also can't walk to the arch directly from the hotel like normal because of the construction.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

We appreciate the feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that you had these issues during your visit. Please accept my sincerest apologizes. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail, please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

Keith Key
VIP Manager

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Recently updated room. Very modern. Spacious.
Bathroom was very nice, and clean. Defiantly liked the rain shower head.
Towels were a bit in the thin side and defiantly were in need of new towels.
Room was spacious.
Desk staff were great.
Valet parking is off Chestnut.
Self-parking down road at Mansion house.
Definitely recommend.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit as well as our shower heads! We hope that you will come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Was really excited about stay at this hotel because we got an awesome deal for Labor Day weekend. We were only staying one night. We arrived about 8PM checked into our room with no problems. Front desk rep. Eumequa (SP) was absolutely wonderful getting us settled with our handicapped room. Soon after we all went to the Lumiere Casino. We had a great time and returned to our room in the we hours of the morning. As soon as we entered our room we heard a loud thud against the wall. We all thought maybe someone had fallen out of the bed in the room next door. We all proceeded to lay it down for a few hours before heading back on the road. We then heard three more hits on the wall and a few min later Security was knocking on our door. He (Sec) stated that he was walking down the hall and heard us talking........ok.......He then proceeded to tell us we needed to keep the noise down.......Huh? What noise? At that point, I knew the person next door had called down and reported us for talking. There was no music playing, no t.v. playing, no laughing or playing around, just us getting ready for bed. Mind you we had two older women with us. One on full oxygen and and a scooter, one with a hearing aid, hence the handicapped room. I was truly upset about the whole situation. The next morning I complained to the front desk manager, Lindsey! She listened and was very understanding! She also stated that the person may have just heard us through the adjoining doors and that someone had called down. The Security officer had written that we were just talking. I just wanted to say Thank you to Lindsey for your understanding. Other than the situation that happened, I would have given them four stars!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2017

The Hyatt Regency is located downtown, within walking distance and restaurants are located in hotel. The hotel was clean and we were able to check in earlier than check in time. We enjoyed our stay in

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Happy to hear you liked our location! We hope to welcome you back again in the future!

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Staff was very friendly and helpful. I hated the pillows but that's minor. Great walking distance to Busch stadium! Parking was easy. I would definitely stay at this location again in the future. Thanks

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Happy to hear you enjoyed your visit! We hope you come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 8 September 2017