All reviews milk and cookies cary grant happy hour beautiful hotel convention center french doors america's center valet parking sitting room city museum king suite loved this hotel downtown area cardinals game mini fridge bed was very comfortable yogurt
Reviewed September 8, 2018

The staff at this hotel go above what we have come to expect from customer service. Housekeeping could have been a little better, didn't replenish coffee etc.. when we used it and we were there 3days. We had a very bad experience with the valet parking, my suggestion do not valet unless you take a pic of your mileage first, and management does not seem to care, and we are still waiting on a call from Marriott and the company they use to valet your vehicle. Krystal at the front desk was a delight to meet and speak with, also I left something behind and Paige got it shipped the next morning. And the young lady bartender was super nice. Other than someone driving our car and mgmt not giving at rat's #*!. Was a great wkend.

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed September 8, 2018

I hosted a large 3-day conference of over 100 people, with over 70 hotel guests from around the world, in May 2018. We occupied most of the hotel and spent full days in the ballroom. I couldn't be happier with this hotel. It is a beautiful building with lots of character, outstanding staff and service, and the space was perfect for our event. I've hosted events at the Chase Park Plaza, which is also very nice, but found the Magnolia more attractive, with more personal attention, and a more intimate experience for this sized event. Just big enough for our group, people didn't get lost in the building and always found other participants to talk to. The setup really facilitated relationship-building.

The lobby and bar were perfect, and the location of the hotel is excellent, an easy walk to many attractions. Catered meals were very good, just what we needed, and it was a short walk to the Thaxton, which is a gorgeous artsy event space a few blocks away where we hosted a dinner. My only suggestion is that recycling didn't seem to be an option, and catering leftovers apparently just get thrown out, so we bagged them and donated them to folks in need.

For those on personal travel, it's a very charming, unique and comfortable hotel. As far as I can tell, all of our guests were extremely happy with the choice.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

As stated in other reviews I believe this is mislabeled as a four star hotel. It’s a 3....at best. It looks great in the lobby. We went up to our room ( a queen suite) and let’s just say it could definitely use a good cleaning. The window sills were very dirty. The bathroom was NOT clean. The hairdryer was disgusting.
We were attending an event at Busch Stadium. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from the stadium. That was nice, we could have walked back as there were many people along the way and it was well lit ( we took a pedi cab). We got back after 11 and there was no room service that late so we went to bed hungry. The bed was nice and comfortable. I checked the beds carefully and they were clean and we were there for just one night so we were fine. For the price I paid I expected more. The furniture was...well....tacky, it looked like it was bought at value city... the halls needed vacuumed, and there as always trash by the elevators. just know what you’re getting.... my purpose for this review...realistic expectations. Happy travels!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rita L
Christine C, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post comments from your recent stay with us. Indeed, in room dining is available until 11pm, however, being in the heart of downtown St. Louis, there are many dining options for delivery, or within walking distance. I have shared your review with our housekeeping manager so that special attention will be paid to the many items you mentioned. We are happy to hear you found the bed comfortable, which is helpful for a great night's sleep. Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

Very disappointed by our stay. Hotel is old...smells musty. We booked a suite...no amenities. Not even a glass in the room! No bottle opener...no minibar...I’m a Starwood member and was really disappointed by our stay. Hotel needs help!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Christine C, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Thank you for taking time to provide candid feedback regarding your recent stay. We strive to provide the best service and accommodations in the area and sincerely apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. Thank you again and we hope to have an opportunity to win back your loyalty on a future visit.

Reviewed August 24, 2018

This hotel was so wonderful that I felt bad when I realized I forgot to write a review immediately when we stayed. I loved this hotel a lot. Nicest staff ever and gorgeous rooms. I loved how pet friendly the hotel was; the woman at the door pet my dog for the entire time she was helping us pick a place for dinner. Neither of these things was remotely part of her job, but she was fabulous and made us feel welcome. The location was incredibly convenient and we felt very safe in the heart of downtown walking around at night.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple