“Quaint and quiet”

Cuisines: French, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Central West End
Reviewed 4 June 2017

Small sit-down coffee house that is great if you want to spend some time reading the morning paper, textbooks or whatever you like. Tables, couches, and patio seating are all available depending on the mood. Service is slow so go here with a laid-back attitude, not when feeling a morning rush. There is much less "bustle" here than at Panera. Food is generally excellent and much better than typical yuppie coffee places. It is not cheap but not as outrageously priced as some big city places I've been. The sausage omelet is gigantic and flavorful. Veggie options are available. Beignets are good. The beignets don't quite meet the standard of what I enjoyed in New Orleans though I can't specify just why. Try the version with a piece of chocolate inside.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

This cafe is crazy cool. If you've been to New Orleans before then you'll notice that it kind has a French quarter type of atmosphere (without the Mardi Gras craziness haha).

With about 5 to 6 rooms (including outdoor patios) this place has plenty of seating available. Also, if you come during the weekends you'll get a chance to hear live music.

Popular among SLU students (because of the location) this place sells not only coffee but liquor, desserts, and some pretty good food.

I forgot to mention that you can order beignets with fillings like chocolate, rasberry, smores, and more.

If you're looking for other great restaurants in STL check out my blog stlcheatmeals.com

Reviewed 26 April 2017

I love this place. There are two rooms - one designated a quiet place for study and I go there to write. There are also two patios - one in the lovely sun and one in the lovely shade. Food is good. My favorite is the bagel, cream cheese, salmon plate. Beignets are the best outside of the Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans. Try it out.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

Great beignets! I love New Orleans and when I'm at Cafe Ventana I feel like I'm right back there. Great place for students. Its so close to SLU campus.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

Adjacent to St. Louis university campus, I found Cafe Ventana. Being a student and centrally located to my housing, I gave it a try. A great combo coffee house and DELICIOUS SOFT MEALS.
FRIEND, do you need an excellent place?
Then Cafe Ventana is the answer.
They have a nice patio if you have a larger group.
I have been there with my fellow students for study sessions and the think tank is a perfect accommodation.
Great prices and the best beignets outside of New Orleans.