1,320 results
All reviews the loop eclipse restaurant rooftop bar moon theme space theme blueberry hill delmar blvd boutique hotel sound machine washington university cool hotel fun hotel rain shower forest park jacuzzi tub restaurants and shops concert venue
Reviewed November 6, 2018

I booked this hotel out of hesitation for a business trip back in September. I was bummed that I wouldn't be downtown, close to the businesses that I'd flown in to visit. Nonetheless, I'd snooped around Trip Advisor and was met with mixed reviews. Upon arriving at the hotel, which sits in a very eclectic neighborhood, but on a side street, I was impressed. Everything about the hotel made me smile. The room was nicely appointed, the amenities were impressive but the staff is what made my stay AMAZING! If you're looking for a quiet, beautiful hotel in a cute little neighborhood, you MUST check out Moonrise Hotel. It's now my new favorite place to stay in the St. Louis area and to be honest, I'd much prefer to be in that area than the downtown area. There's actually MUCH more to do and see.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed November 5, 2018 via mobile

We love this moon-themed hotel on the Delmar Loop with its funky cool vibe and friendly staff.

There’s a small lobby, with a very small convenience store and connection access to the hotel’s Eclipse restaurant. Parking is ample and big self-park and valet are available. A roof restaurant/bar has inside and outside spaces and offers a nice view of the area.

We had a standard double room. It had a small in-room refrigerator and coffeemaker. The bathroom was shower only but had touches both practical (lighted make-up mirror, robes) and fun (Superhero sticker on sink stopper). Our two queen beds were super comfy and WiFi was more than adequate for our needs.

The hotel is located next to The Pageant and about a 15-minute walk to Wash U. The airport is 20-30 minutes away. The area has ample Ubers/Lyfes, which generally arrive in less than 5 minutes. The Delmar Loop, which is right outside, is dotted with shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2018

We were just blown away by our one night stay in a Jacuzzi King room. We knew the tub was going to be lovely (and yes, it was big enough for two. And we're not the most petite people. For comparison, my boyfriend couldn't *quite* get the robe tied around him in a decent fashion, and it was form fitting on me) but little did we know there was also going to be a massage chair! It was like a trip to the spa in the middle of the week.
Everything was spotlessly clean- and the Moonrise really puts their money where their mouth is because there's a blacklight in the room, pointing at the ceiling, illuminating glowing stars. If the room wasn't clean, that blacklight would tattle the minute the lights went out.
It was so very worth the splurge and something we'll consider again.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2018

Moonrise is our go-to in STL when visiting Wash U. It's got the perfect vibe, in the perfect university neighborhood (and walking distance to campus) with the staff and property to make it work perfectly. No reason for us to stay anywhere else.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

This is a nice hotel very conveniently located near Washington University. The staff are helpful and friendly. It has a fun reception area and a small restaurant to get breakfast. The rooms are tight and seem squeezed closely together, and the walls are paper thin! But not too bad a hotel for a one night stay.

Date of stay: November 2018