“Superb BBQ and Affordable”

Honey Pit Smokehouse
Ranked #941 of 3,233 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

I’ve eaten that honey pit smokehouse three times now and the quality of the food has been consistently excellent. I always get the smokehouse sampler plate because it has pork ribs smoked turkey smoked brisket and a wonderful slightly spicy smoked sausage. The plate comes with two sides and has plenty of food for two people. The place is well Ron clean and the food is affordable. A great choice for a family barbecue!

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed January 28, 2018

We went to Honey Pit for lunch on a Sunday. I will say that the flavor of the pulled pork was good, but it was served lukewarm. The sides, particularly the "fried" potatoes, the slaw, & baked beans were less than mediocre. The slaw was just odd, as it had tomato chunks in it. We won't be back. The staff were friendly enough, but it seemed that some were not familiar with the menu.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

My wife and I went to Honey Pit Friday night, around 6pm. This was our first time. It definitely won't be our last!
Very good meats and side dishes. I had the 2 meat combo of brisket and chicken. My wife had the smoked turkey. Both were excellent. My next trip, I'm trying the ribs.
The staff was very friendly and helpful with ordering suggestions.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

The sandwich roll was good; the baked beans were good; the pulled pork not so much. The pork was dry and overcooked. We have a lot of good BBQ in St. Louis; this isn't one.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

Two friends and I went there for dinner. We arrived at 5 PM, and were the only ones there. You form a line to order, see you meat entree prepared, move along and pick sides, and then pay. You may have your food delivered to your table if it needs preparation. First of all, it is very unclear where the line starts. That was OK, since we were the only ones there.

We had brisket sandwiches. A gentleman carves the brisket in front of you. That's great, except that is very slow. As time went on, the line got very long, and slower. Finally, another carver was added.

The sides were cold (room temp) and unexceptional. I must mention that the place is new and personnel were still being trained and somewhat unsure of themselves. One of my friends loved her sandwich, and one did not (found the meat too dry). I took a brisket sandwich home to my husband, and his was really good. I had a brisket Philly sandwich, which seemed to use burnt ends or just little pieces of the end. It was good, but the cheese kept it moist.

I am calling it average, because the start up was not very smooth. However, I won't go out of my way to go again. St. Louis is full of bbq/smokehouse places lately, and there are lots of others to visit, including our favorite. The prices were commensurate with table service restaurants.