1,242 results
All reviews sun deck busch stadium scott trade center hockey game amtrak station wet bar sitting area city museum large room mini fridge king bed gateway arch downtown blues columns peabody
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

Not shocked to find this hotel to be a continuous 1 from everyone!!! I should have learned from the first time I stayed here a couple of years ago when they gave my room away, that this time would be no different!

Set to “check in” at 3pm and arrived around 245pm and was informed there is a list of people waiting to be checked in, but no rooms available yet. Advised the front desk we have a wedding to attend at 4pm and need to get changed and ready to go. Was told by the oh so lovely front desk jerk, I mean clerk, HENRY, “well everyone has some where to be!”....WOW!! Yes they PROBABLY do, which is why we are here to check in ON TIME AT 3PM!!! As I am PAYING for a room from 3pm until 11am, not to sit in a lobby for a couple hours of that time with 5 kids ages 11-2 (not all mine by the way)!! Then he, HENRY, and the front desk SUPERVISOR, ERICA, rudely continues to brush me aside and ask the person behind me what they can be helped with! (Which was the same song and dance that I went through). SERIOUSLY, nice CUSTOMER service!!!!!

In the meantime, we watched 4 different housekeepers non-chaulantly meander (sense my excitement there?!) through the lobby chit-chatting with their co-workers, 1 with a towel and a toilet paper roll, 1 with a cart of cleaning supplies, 2 empty handed. They continued to go clean a bathroom in the lobby......... GO CLEAN SOME ROOMS!!!! There were at least 2 dozen PLUS people waiting in the lobby for rooms....most standing at the front desk complaining. I was informed by the front desk “We were completely booked and sold out last night and our check out starts at 11am!” Yes, great, so does that mean you wait until EVERY ONE of those rooms are checked out of to even START cleaning???? I’m prettttty sure they waiting until 11am to start cleaning ANY room!!!

Let me just say too, that I had called THAT MORNING, as informed to do so by ERICA (the front desk supervisor) to request my room and my sisters room be blocked and close to each other so they would be cleaned and ready when we got there at 3pm! This was call #3 as my sister called earlier in the week to confirm her room and request to be near my room, then I called later in the week to do the same and had spoke with Erica, who stated “I will be here at 630am that day (Saturday morning) so call back after 7am and I will make sure to block the rooms.” I called at just before 11am and was told “Erica wouldn’t be there until around 230pm today!” NOT ONCE on the phone that morning did they say THEY WERE RUNNING BEHIND AND WOULD NOT HAVE ROOMS READY or that they had been completely booked and sold out last night and that they were not going to be clean when we arrived at 3pm!!!

In the end, we left and got another room at Drury Inn at the Arch, which said they were ALSO completely booked and sold out last night but were able to get right in!!!! HIGH RECOMMEND DRURY INN AT THE ARCH!!!

It’s amazing how much customer service, attitude, and a little empathy get you!!! I would rather pay $500 a night for a room elsewhere than to ever deal with St. Louis City Center Hotel again!! PERIOD!!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank JenS2192
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel St. Louis City Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2018

Dear Jen,
Thank you for your valuable feedback on your recent visit. Please accept our apology that you had an issue checking in. We are sorry that your room was not ready for you when you arrived and that our front desk team provided you with anything less than friendly and helpful customer service. Your review will be addressed with our team to ensure this does not occur again. We would appreciate another chance to make this up to you and provide you with the stay you expected and deserved.

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

Just spent two days here. We were quite pleased with the service, comfort and cleanliness of the room and the convenient location near Scott Trade Center, Busch Stadium and we were delighted to find out "The Hill" was nearby. Hotel staff was helpful and courteous at all times. The only drawback, the carpet in the hotel corridors and room could use replacing. But overall a very enjoyable trip and stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Clayton,
It's always a pleasure hearing from our guests. We're thrilled our location was perfect for your trip and that the clean, cozy accommodations offered you the ideal place to rest. Our staff strives to ensure all our guests feel at home and will be glad you valued their efforts. Thank you for your suggestion regarding replacing the carpets. We'll keep you this in mind for future updates. Please come see us again the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed March 21, 2018

the room was filthy. there was blood stains on the bedsheets a broken refrigerator, a broken door in the bathroom and the hotel was just not clean at all. it is in a good location next to the metrolink but otherwise this old hotel is in horrible condition. BLOOD ON THE BED SHEETS WAS OUTRIGHT DISGUSTING.

Room Tip: stay away from this filthy property with blood stains on the bed sheets
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank robert g
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel St. Louis City Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Dear Robert,
Thank you for your recent review of our property and for taking time to share your insightful feedback. While we're glad you appreciated our convenient location, we're saddened to hear that we could not provide the quality of stay you were hoping for. Please accept our sincere apologies if you found the accommodations not as clean as they should have been and stains on the linen, as well as a the refrigerator not working. We will address your concerns with our housekeeping and maintenance teams to work with them on correcting these issues. We're also sorry if you did not receive the friendly service that is expected from our staff. We appreciate all your feedback, as this allows us the opportunity to continually review and improve guest accommodations and increase guest relations.
It is our hope that you'll choose to stay with us on another occasion, so we can provide you with the stay you were expecting and deserved.

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

I was traveling for business, and since there were so many of us traveling, we paired up in rooms. There was plenty of space in our room, but the furnishings and carpet suggest that it was last updated in the early 80s. There was a single sofa, but no chairs or table (as pictured in the hotel photos). The bathroom had a separate toilet, with shower and jetted tub (dodgy looking, with lots of red mold) in another room. Again, plenty of space, but worn and dated.
There were several holes in the carpet, a few rough spots on the walls, and a generally run down feel to the room. Other than the tub, everything seemed relatively clean. Fortunately, we worked late and were really just in the room long enough to sleep and get ready.

My experience with the staff was okay (got what I needed, but I wasn’t impressed), but I self-parked, and only checked in and out. My roommate had several horrible experiences. He arrived with others at the main entrance and said he asked three different staff members for a cart for his bags before finally getting one, himself. I also watched him call the front desk four times before he got someone who could call a cab for him. He dealt with them several other times, and he said every time was like this.

They may claim to be 3+ stars, but don’t believe it for a second. I’ve had better service at a Motel 6, and my roommate would say even that standard was way too high. I’m giving it 2 stars because the room was consistently clean, and I had no trouble with self-parking.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank NWA_VP

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your recent stay. We're glad to hear that you found our accommodations clean during your visit. However, we're disappointed to learn that we could not provide the stay you were expecting. We apologize if you found your room in need of some updating and the hot tub not as clean as it should have been, as well as your roommate not receiving the high quality of service that is expected from our team. We will share your concerns with our housekeeping staff and work together on resolving these problems. All feedback is gratefully received as this allows us the chance to review and improve guest accommodations and increase guest relations.
We hope that you'll choose to stay with us again and allow us the opportunity to provide you with a much better stay.

Reviewed March 20, 2018

We reserved a room months ago. We got to the hotel for check-in only to find that they had no rooms ready. Check-in was supposed to be at 3 pm, but it was 6:45 pm before we got into our room. To add insult to injury, the next morning there was no hot water. Staff was unapologetic and we were told that if we wanted to complain we would have to wait for the manager to come in at 2 pm. The hotel itself is a little run-down, but I could overlook that. It's hard to overlook blatant mismanagement, though. It was a disappointing stay and I doubt we will ever book another room there, especially with the intent to get checked in BEFORE a concert or other event at ScottTrade.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank CatRin618
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel St. Louis City Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2018

Thank you for your valuable feedback about your recent visit with us. We are very sorry that there was a delay in your check-in and that you received anything less than perfect customer service. Equally important please accept our apology that there was no hot water the morning of your stay. This is not indicative of the service our hotel provides to our guests and our team will be addressed regarding your comments. We would love to have another opportunity to give you the stay you anticipated.