All reviews room was clean forest park barnes jewish hospital front desk clerk convenient location easy access tori lora louis rates housekeeper zoo downtown
Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here on our travels with our dog. The room was very clean and the staff friendly. There were some very noisy people in the room next door and they were up until past 2:00am. The staff was understanding and took care of it.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
i0135, Manager at Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2018

Thank you for reviewing our property. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to fill out a review and for making other travelers aware of the friendly service that the staff at Red Roof Plus provided. Please accept my sincerest apologies for your disruption, We take pride in making sure our guests are satisfied with the service we provide, and we welcome them back anytime.
The Red Roof Plus offers a good value for those traveling on a budget and our 24 hour staff is happy to make recommendations for the many restaurants and shopping centers in the area. Thank you again for your review, come back to see us soon.

Dawn K.
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

If you want a no-frills hotel this is the place. I didn’t want to spend $250, ( the next cheapest I could find), for 2 nights in St. Louis, so I got a premium room here for 2 nights, for about $170. Getting the premium room got a refrigerator and a microwave, in the room, with supposedly more upgrades on the bed and pillows. Glad I paid the extra. Would’ve hated to see what was in a regular room. I THOUGHT we got the “snacks” for each night I paid for, but, it wasn’t replenished by the maid, even after I left her a good tip, in the envelope provided by the hotel. She didn’t replenish all coffee cups and accessories even when I left a note asking her to. I know it’s the little things, but, yes, it’s the little things that count and add up. I did like the heating system. It was VERY warm and toasty. And it was a plus that the system is QUIET which allowed us to get a good night’s sleep. I thought the size of the room was decent. But then again, it was just my daughter and I and not the 4 of us that usually travel. All of the employees that I encountered were very friendly. Would probably stay here again, if it was in a winter time again, because of being on a budget.

Date of stay: February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our location. Your feedback is very important to me and my teams as we continuously look for ways to improve our guest perception of our location. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced while choosing to lodge with us. As proactive as we are to ensure our guest have a clean and comfortable room and that preventative maintenance is performed on a regular basis. It is a rare occasion when we miss the mark. However, we take every review as an opportunity to address and correct our valued guest concerns. Again, thank you for taking the time to do a review and I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should your travel plans bring you back to the St. Louis area.

Dawn K.
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed January 11, 2018

I was impressed by the room. Checking in was a little slow. The attendant seemed to not be in any hurry. Almost seemed like their "systems" needed to be improved. It shouldn't have taken so long, so many steps, so much back and forth across the office to check someone in. Location was convenient. I would definitely stay here again. Felt like I was getting a special deal. The star rating seemed low in my opinion for how nice the room was set up. Front desk staff the next morning was excellent. Very friendly and provided great recommendations for places to eat and sites to see.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
i0135, Manager at Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2018

Hi Rick,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I would like to apologize for the check in, we may have been experiencing some computer issues. I do promise you that your next visit will be quick and easy. I appreciate the wonderful things you had to say about our staff and location. We are working daily to improve everything about us to guarantee a happy stay for all of our guests. We are located in one of the best neighborhoods in St. Louis, The Hill. I do hope you were able to try some of the local cuisine and great attractions. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in St. Louis!

Reviewed December 31, 2017

We took a friend to St. Louis for a weekend of sightseeing and simply wanted a clean bed in a convenient location for a night. Red Roof Inn Forest Park fit the bill.

While not particularly large our double room was clean with very comfortable beds and linens. The room had a coffee pot, safe and iron/ironing board and a decent amount of storage space.

The location is extremely close to the southern edge of Forest Park. Access to and from I-44 is easy. There are a good number of mainly chain restaurants nearby. "The Hill" (an Italian neighborhood known for good restaurants) is about one mile to the south. All of the sites of St. Louis city are within a few minutes' drive with alternate (quicker) routes for periods of high traffic.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank SwampeastMike

Hi Mike,

Thank you for reviewing our property. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to fill out a review and for making other travelers aware of the friendly service that the staff at Red Roof Plus provided. We take pride in making sure our guests are satisfied with the service we provide. We appreciate feedback from all of our guests as we always look for ways to improve the service and overall stay of our visitors.

Reviewed December 18, 2017 via mobile

Above average property. I always stay here when I have an appointment with the VA. It's 3 or 4 exits down from Grand on I44. Exterior well lit, typical noise for a city scape, friendly staff. Thanks again Redroof for allowing me to travel with man's best friend....

Trip type: Travelled on business
i0135, Manager at Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2017

Thank you so much for the great review! We love making our guests happy.