“Perfect Choice for excellence in dining”

Robust Wine Shoppe Cafe
Ranked #94 of 3,231 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed a relaxing supper at Robust. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and wine selection. He suggested a flight of Riesling and the choice was spot on. My winter squash salad could of been my complete meal. The flavor combinations of squash, greens, bacon and goat cheese was the best I’ve ever eaten. To complete the meal my beef strips was the most flavorful cut of meat. The smaller size was deceiving because I was stuffed at the end of our meal. My husband’s ribeye was 13 oz and more than he could eat. Wish I would have taken photos to show. Price was reasonable for the amount and quality of food. It was a few block walk from our hotel so very easy to get to.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

The menu here organizes a great variety of wines in a clear way, and they offer flights of similar kinds of wines so it’s easy and fun to experiment. It’s such a good idea to offer 3 glasses, each 3 ounces. The small plates of food are an excellent complement. It was a long day of driving and we were staying at a hotel nearby—this was a really enjoyable place to have a low-key dinner. The server was great at offering information, very friendly without ever intruding.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed February 11, 2018

I've eaten at this place 10+ times over the past few years as I do a lot of business at the America's Center. Always a solid meal and the service has always been good. It's on the pricey side but worth it. Really interesting menu and a great wine list. There aren't a ton of restaurants like this in the immediate area so it's a very good option.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed November 17, 2017

Robert at Robust was amazing. We came here for afternoon cocktails and really enjoyed the ambiance, expertise in wine and all St .Louis. A real gem if you at the convention center and looking for a place to have a great glass of wine and some light food.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank erflanagan
Reviewed November 7, 2017

Had dinner here with a friend. They have an excellent wine list, something for everyone and a good range of prices. I had the Heirloom Tomato Salad in it was superb. The meatballs were tasty but a little tough and the Shrimp and Orzo was excellent, nice fresh shrimp in a rich sauce over perfectly cooked orzo. I really enjoy small plates, so I would definitely come back here and try more of their dishes. Service was prompt and friendly and the atmosphere was warm and comfortable

Date of visit: November 2017