“Delicious!”

La Patisserie Chouquette
Ranked #18 of 57 Bakeries in Saint Louis
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Chouquette is my "go to" shop for Macarons! They have a wide variety to choose from, even late in the day. I love their chocolate croissants!
I look forward to trying their beautiful custom cakes soon!!

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

I stumbled upon La Patisserie Chouquette as I was scrolling through reviews on Trip Advisor. We live in the suburbs, but we like to go to The Hill and other areas of the city on weekends, etc. In addition, my oldest daughter (11) is developing an interest in things that are French, including pastries, so I thought this would be a great stop. We stopped by Chouquette today for a sweet treat after lunch and it happened to be National Day. The line was almost out the door (usually a good sign) and after our first taste of the macaroons we knew why. The choices were limited, so we went with the vanilla bean, Black Forest and Vietnamese coffee. While we are certainly not macaroon experts, all of us (two daughters ages 11 & 8, my wife and me) thought the macaroons were delicious. We also bought two croissants, which were melt in your mouth good. Finally, the service was friendly and efficient (the line moved along nicely) while the ambiance was charming. La Patisserie Chouquette was a thoroughly delicious and enjoyable part of our day!

Reviewed 1 March 2017

Simone Faure is the inspired pastry chef behind this island of delight near the Missouri Botanical Garden. A New Orleans transplant, she inspires love and loyalty from anyone who can appreciate perfection. Such rare finds as chouquettes, caneles and custom cakes are available. The pretty space is rentable for parties - call ahead to check if they are open for walk-ins on any given day.

Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

OMG. Spied this the last time we were there but didn't get one. It's been on my mind for over a month. So, today on this gorgeous STL Feb day (70 degrees) I went back and got a couple. So, so very good. Light and fluffy and crunchy and cocoa-y (is that a word?)! To die for!

Reviewed 26 January 2017

For Christmas we ordered a buche de noel and a panettone. The buche de noel was super fancy - just beautiful to look at and enjoyable to taste, but so rich a taste is all you need. The panettone, however, was the best we've ever had. We used it for french toast and had a bit left which we fought over. It was simply divine. Go to La Patisserie Chouquette. Buy yourself a treat for a special occasion or just because. We are so very lucky to have this place in our neighborhood.