“Very Good Barbeque and Great Pit Beans”
Review of Adam's Smokehouse

Adam's Smokehouse
Ranked #37 of 3,093 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Reviewed June 13, 2018

I found their menu board to be very busy and difficult to read. Fortunately, one of the restaurant employees brought us a menu which was easier to follow.

The restaurant is decorated in Cardinals and Blues memorabilia.

The Barbeque was very good. They give you a lot of Beef with the sandwiches. I loved the Sweet Jane sauce which included a mix of molasses and brown sugar.

The Pit Beans were awesome. I liked their Cole Slaw. The Chips were okay. I would pass on the Potato Salad.

The service was excellent and very friendly. They came by and checked up on the tables several times.

One of the ladies brought by a Sweet Pig with candies. I thought that was a nice touch.

I would recommend Adam's Smokehouse.

1  Thank Tom W

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

We stayed around the corner when we were in town and I walked a block down to get food from here one night to take back. The tri tip was tender and tasted great, although at 5:30 I got the last of it for the day. The ribs were also very good, and the sauce was tasty. We ate all of our two sides of applesauce and coleslaw. The one disappointment was the brisket which I found dry and tough. Even after soaking leftovers in the au jus overnight, it remained tough.

Reviewed May 13, 2018

Adams has the worst bbq I have ever tasted. I bought a whole chicken which was old and had a strange flavor. The ribs are oven cooked with no smoke flavor at all. If you like this kind of bbq just purchase the meat,season it with a bbq rub, and slow bake it in your oven.

Reviewed May 5, 2018

Our party of 4 had brisket, salami, pulled pork and burnt ends--all really good. The baked beans side were really delicious as well.

The menu is very basic, pick a meat and 2 sides. Decide how much meat you want. Small sandwich was large enough for me, and I have a pretty decent appetite. Large sandwich just has more meat, and the platter has even more meat, with the sandwich bun included on the plate.

Staff was friendly, business was steady but not crazy busy when we were there. They took the time to give some folks a sample of the salami before they ordered.

Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

My 9 year old daughter ate my entire serving of smoked salami and my 7 year old son at my entire portion of beef brisket. Husband and I arm wrestled over the ribs and I’m not ashamed to admit I cheated. Can hardly wait to go back.