“We will definitely be back!!”

Smoking Barrels Barbeque
Ranked #228 of 3,123 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Reviewed December 16, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in tonight and we were 1 of 2 tables, what a cute place, reasonably priced, and sooooo good!! Our waitress Michelle was so amazing. Hands down one of the best I’ve had in quiet sometime. She obviously knows the difference between service and hospitality. She was so sweet to our 2 year old and to us. All smiles for our whole visit. Even if the food were mediocre I would come back just because of her.

Reviewed October 28, 2017

A great place if you're hungry, because the portions are generous. I got a two-meat combo, and my wife shared some of her chicken with me. All the food we tried was good enough, but not special. The brisket got rave reviews from others on Trip Advisor, and its reputation is well deserved. Tender, with nice flavor. The ribs were really meaty and tender, although the outsides seemed a little burnt. My wife said her chicken seemed dry, although I thought the piece she gave me was tender and moist. The spicy BBQ sauce was excellent. My friend recommended the fried corn on the cob, but it was just OK. The applesauce was good, but not as good as foreshadowed by other glowing reviews on this site. It was nice and chunky but bland. Perhaps it just suffers from comparison with my wife's crock-pot applesauce, which is rich and dark with brown sugar. The garlic bread was good.

Reviewed October 27, 2017

We are visiting St. Louis for a wedding, and decided to find some barbecue. However, this proved to be quite difficult as we arrived in town around 6pm and it seems most places had already closed. We

We ordered a Family Barrel for 2, which included 6 ribs, 1/2 lb of BBQ pork or beef, 1/2 chicken, two sides, and 4 slices of buttery garlic bread. We asked if we could sub in 1/2 pound of beef brisket for the chicken (neither of us are a fan of BBQ chicken), and the server was VERY accommodating and honored our request. For sides, we ordered fried corn on the cob and some BBQ baked beans. When the platter arrived, portions were just right for 2 hungry travelers.

There were three sauces available on the table: sweet, spicy, and Carolina mustard. We found the sweet sauce to be the best, although the spicy one was also quite tasty.

The ribs were quite amazing; meaty, tender, and delicious. I would come back many times just for a rack of ribs. The BBQ pork was quite delicious as well, and quickly disappeared under our forks. However, the beef brisket was quite dry and did not improve even when applying a large quantity of sauce.

For the sides, the garlic bread was quite delicious and made for a good dipping implement for leftover sauce. The baked beans were sufficiently good, and the corn on the cob was just OK.

The atmosphere at Smoking Barrels is quite casual and relaxed; this is definitely a neighborhood joint enjoyed by clients of all ages. The restaurant is a bit shabby and run down, but I think this applies for any place that deals in barbecued meats and sauce. The waitstaff was very friendly and accommodating (see above for the request to substitute something in our family dinner). When the bill arrived, it was quite reasonable.

Overall, I would recommend this neighborhood spot, although I'd also like to try out some other BBQ joints in St. Louis.

PROS: Good service, tasty ribs/sides, open late

CONS: Brisket was dry

1  Thank WallyIsTired
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

We had a great lunch on Sunday. Really recommend patrons get the lunch despite the time. So much good food left over that we both brought home enough to eat at another meal. The sliced beef is delightful with fries and applesauce. The applesauce is delicious these days. My spouse had slice pork,fries, mac n' cheese. All really good!!

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

Wife and I had the luncheon brisket platters. Server was friendly, attentive; food was,as always, great.