“Great food and super cool restaurant ”

Sister Cities Cajun and BBQ
Ranked #460 of 3,184 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

The Cajun chicken here was unbelievable good. I may not come from down south but I had the best Cajun I’ve ever had. Travis and Pam , the owners , are very cool and helpful with hints of places to go for nightlife. Sat down and had a good chat with Travis after I ate. Definitely recommend eating here.

Reviewed January 12, 2018

My husband and I met a few friends here on a beautiful Thursday night. One of our friends is a regular so he had recommended it. Omgoodness, the Creole Pasta was scrumpdillicious!! I was so happy to have leftovers to enjoy the next day. The owners made their rounds and we really enjoyed meeting them. This is their new location; it's spacious and beautiful.

Reviewed January 11, 2018 via mobile

Four of us ate there and ordered four different dishes. We were all very happy. The veggie stir fry with blackened fish was delicious and I brought plenty home. My husband had creole pasta and our friends had jambalaya and the barbecue poor boy. All delicious. Great old building that has been saved.

Reviewed December 21, 2017

We had heard of Sister Cities Cajun when it was located on Grand, but never got around to it before they had to shut down that location. When we found out they opened on South Broadway, it went back up our list as a "must try".

The new location is a small red brick building on South Broadway. I guess you would say it is in a residential section of south city, but there is literally nothing around it on that block. Inside the restaurant boasts a nice wood bar and two sections of seating divided by a wall.

Our visit was on a Saturday afternoon, and JJ mentioned that ribs were that day's special and that a brunch menu had been implemented starting that day as well. The menus are small but varied. In our group of four we ordered quite a range of the offerings - a Dirty Bird, a BBQ Cochon Po' Boy, the Shrimp and Grits, and the Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya.

While all of the food was flavorful, the portions seemed on the small side for the price. A blatant example: a side of Red Beans and Rice. Also the small specks of cornbread served were well short of ample (a 1" x 2" rectangle of cornbread does not cut it!). Table service also left a lot to be desired.

The people working at Sister Cities were nice (particularly JJ) and the food was good, but not great, so our experience did not live up to expectations. If I do go back, it will be on Friday for the Beef Tenderloin Filet special or on Saturday for the Smoked Ribs (which smelled spectacular) special.

Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

But they give you bread to sop up the sauce so it works out more civilized. Everything crafted here is from love appreciation and passion. The mussels were fresh and the Cajun buerre rouge was delicious. The mushrooms with clam stuffing and magic gravy were heavenly. We finished off our meal with shrimp and grits with brown butter sauce and fish tacos were also amazing. The bayou nachos are a mountain of chips with goodies on nearly every chip. Get one of everything, they have to go boxes. Already looking forward to our next meal here.