“Fantastic experience”

Mango Peruvian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Mango Peruvian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 3,237 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Price range: US$18 - US$32
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: 11th
Transit: Metro Link to the Convention Center (6th & Washington Ave) stop and then West 5 blocks on Washington to 11th Street.
Description: Peruvian cuisine on Washington Avenue in downtown St. Louis.
Reviewed May 9, 2018

My husband and I visited Mango while staying in downtown St Louis. The restaurant was quite crowded but the noise level was good, we had no trouble hearing each other and didn't feel crammed in. We decided to share the empanada appetizer which was very flavorful, especially the homemade crust. For dinner we each had a seafood dish and thoroughly enjoyed them. The portions were perfect, not too much but plenty satisfying. If you are a sangria fan I would definitely suggest ordering a glass or pitcher as we did, the flavor was fantastic.

If we make it back to St Louis, Mango will be on my list to revisit.

Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

My family is Peruvian, they all live on the west coast (where there is an abundance of Peruvian restaurants) & I haven't had Peruvian food since my last visit 7 years ago.

When I found out there was a Peruvian restaurant in St. Louis, about 8 years ago, I told my husband that we had to go...but we still hadn't made it!

After years and years of talking about it, and missing Lomo Saltado, I took matters into my own hands. On my 32nd birthday, I dragged my sister in law with me to Mango Peruvian Cuisine. This was her first time trying Peruvian food.

First of all, the plantain chips and aji were great! I tried the sangria- it was absolutely delicious. My sister in law had the piquitos moscato that she adored. I asked if they could make Papas a la Hauncaina...and they delivered. My sister in law wasn't prepared for all those flavors. She loved it. We both ordered Lomo Saltado. It was everything I had been missing for 7 years. The beef was perfection and the flavors were amazing.

My sister in law just kept moaning over how rich and delicious everything was. We ended our meal with dessert and Inca Kola.
Both of us ladies waddled out of the restaurant happy. She has been RAVING about everything she ate and is making plans to return.

I cannot wait to come back myself! Listen, I love food, but the emotions that came with eating THIS meal were just wonderful. It made me miss my family and made me happy all at once. All was well with my soul at this birthday meal.

If you want authentic Peruvian food...or just a rich cuisine to enjoy- Mango!

2  Thank MoBrownGirl
Reviewed April 23, 2018

Just finished one of the best meals! Every bite was was like the best glass of wine traveling across your tongue exciting all your senses. Aguadito dePollo was a hardy soup of chicken and cilantro broth chocked full of vegetables that delighted all my taste receptors, then the AVO Toast, open faced ”sandwich” on sourdough, fresh avocado, a mélange of roasted mushrooms and topped with a few fresh thinly sliced cucumber and radish....again a gastronomic explosion of perfectly blended flavors. Their unusual Ceviche Classico was superb, again blending herbs and textures with style and character. Topped it off with a glass of Péruvien chardonnay and tasted my friend’s Pisco sour...out of this world! The fabulous waitress, Heather made the entire experience even better. I HIGHLY recommend this restaurant! Thinking we will go back for dessert tonight, as had no room for it at lunch.

Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

Rarely disappointed. Lots of flavors as well as something for the not so adventurous. Wonderful drinks. Reservations suggested for Friday night. Interesting dishes.

Reviewed April 16, 2018

The ceviche mixto is exquisite! It's not the usual Mexican version of this fish appetizer but large succulent pieces of halibut, shrimp, mussels, Mexican corn, delicious sweet potatoes, cilantro and garlic. It's a bit pricey at $20 for a very nice size dish.
We ate at the bar and service was great.