“5 star food, picky couoon policy”
Review of El Mezon

El Mezon
Ranked #3 of 221 Restaurants in Saint Peters
Reviewed April 29, 2017 via mobile

Our food was delicious. It had some unique flavors that were a pleasant surprise (dont get me wrong, it didnt taste totally odd or anything but slightly different in a great way). We all loved our dishes. The cheese dip app was a good larger side than most places offer. Salsa had bit of a kick to it but not inedible for those who dont like spicy salsa. Service was touch and go. Most of the rotating servers we had were nice but we had moments where we needed something and waited a longer than normal time to even see someone to ask for it. My big complaint was that they didnt take an online coupon (it was the actual advertisers website, not some sketchy copy of a coupon that was on google images). The website clearly says: click OR print and the girl refused it because it wasnt printed. This was our first visit so it just gave us a bit of a bad taste. We have used similar online coupons elsewhere MANY times and never had an issue so this just seemed a little picky. We will probably be back for the food but we will make 100% sure to being the dang paper coupon next time... If it werent for the coupon thing, even with the iffy service, I would have given it 5 stars just for the tastiness. Food for thought: maybe change your policy. Because though it seems trivial, if we could have used the coupon, it would have made all the difference to us, easily resulting in this establishment becoming our new Mexican go-to restaurant. But now... the verdict is still out. Missed opportunity.

Reviewed April 10, 2017

This is the real deal if you want some authentic and very tasty Mexican food. They have an extensive menu and I've yet to have something that didn't meet my expectations. The staff is friendly and the atmosphere is great. They even have a drive through and that brings up the one thing that I'd like to see and that is a good copy of their menu on line because the menu has so many offerings that it's hard to read it in the car.

Reviewed April 10, 2017

El Mezon is an authentic Mexican restaurant in a convenient location right off Hwy 70 at Salt Lick Rd. The atmosphere is friendly & festive, and they have a mariachi band weekly. The food is excellent, and very reasonably priced. They have an abundant staff, and you never have to wait for someone to come along to bring you what you need.

Reviewed April 2, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have gone here several times. Staff is always polite, service is always great and the food tastes amazing! Your drinks are always refilled and they make sure to keep your chips and salsa filled as well. They have great prices too. We have never had a bad experience!! Highly recommend!!

Reviewed March 29, 2017

Was looking for a non-chain restaurant easily accessible from I-70. Also needed a good review from Trip Advisor. We found real good food and great service. Will visit again.