All reviews fort leonard wood front desk room was clean excellent hotel recommend this hotel hot tub easy access off the highway in town basic training graduation waffles parking lot my son st mo robert ft
Reviewed October 17, 2017

I've been staying at Fairfield Inns for years because they consistently provide clean, updated rooms at a reasonable rate. My recent stay at the Fairfield Inn in St Robert, MO was the first time I was disappointed. The downstairs hallway had 3 yellow cones sitting around on the hallway floor for no apparent reason. When I got on the elevator and selected my floor number, the door just kept partially closing slowly and then opening again. A hotel guest got on the elevator with me and explained that the door wouldn't close unless you held the DOOR CLOSE button for about 30 seconds until the door completely closed. Once he told me this, I realized there was a small, worn piece of tape on the panel directing people to hold the button until the door closed. It looked like the tape had been there a long time, so I can only assume that the elevator had been non-operational for some length of time. Additionally, if you were waiting for the elevator to arrive, and it was not on your floor already, the elevator would not come unless someone just happened to get in the elevator on another floor and take it to the floor where you were waiting. My husband and I were on the third floor but used the stairs after wasting a lot of time trying to use the elevator that was only barely operational. Also, I've grown accustomed to eating a few chocolate chip cookies that are normally sitting out for guests in the lobby when they check in. I could smell cookies but there were none in the lobby. After a few trips back and forth, I saw the cookies in the back room, so apparently the desk clerk was eating them. The alarm clock was unplugged when we entered our room, and I realized later it was most likely unplugged because there were not enough plug-ins to allow me to plug in my computer. When I was getting ready for bed, I tried to close the curtains and ...... surprise..... the curtains were only at the edges of the windows. There were sheer, see-through curtains that went all the way across the window, but the cloth curtains and the rod that held them were only present on about one foot of each side of the window, leaving nothing but see-through sheers between me and the parking lot. I've never been in a hotel room without curtains before. There was a bright light in the parking lot outside that shone in the window all night. There was so many things about this hotel that simply did not measure up to what I've come to expect from a Fairfield Inn. On the positive side, they had MANY HBO channels, and I loved the bacon and eggs at breakfast.

Room tip: Chose a room on the first floor since the elevator doesn't work properly. Be prepared for nothing but sheer curtains.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Roxan M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Fort Leonard Wood St. Robert, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Dear Susan G,

Please accept our sincere apology for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay with us. We have a indoor pool located in the room close to the elevator so we keep a wet floor sign located outside the door in case the floor becomes wet as our guests are leaving the pool area and nobody falls. We have a cone located next to the ice machine for the carpet becoming wet occasionally for ice falling and melting on the floor. We strive to provide a safe environment for our guests as well as our employees of our hotel. We did have an unfortunate event of our elevator not operating properly. Our elevator technician had to order a part to fix this issue accordingly. We were recommended to place a note to inform our guests how they would be able to operate the elevator during their stay so they were not inconvenienced to have to use the stairs. In the evening we do bake cookies for our guests and place them at the counter at the front desk. Once they are taken out of the oven we leave them in the back to cool down. Please accept our sincere apology for your alarm clock being unplugged at check in, we have addressed this issue to the housekeeping department moving forward. All our guest rooms in our hotel have black out curtains. We have three curtains in the room. The see-through sheer, a curtain on each side that does not close all the way and the black out curtains in the very back that have rods on each side to close to not let the light in your room during the night. If you would've called the desk about this issue we would've gladly informed you so you could've had a good nights rest. We are glad to hear that you did enjoy our HBO channels in our room along with our hot breakfast we offer in the morning. Our staff strive to always provide a service that will make you want to return. We hope you will give us another opportunity in the near future to better serve you.

Reviewed October 9, 2017

Great stay, upgraded myself to king/Jacuzzi - it was worth it. Room was well laid out and even though Jacuzzi initially looked small actually was just right. Bed was comfortable, staff was great - will stay here again next time in the area.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Roxan M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Fort Leonard Wood St. Robert, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Dear Brian H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the area. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2017

Driving through the area and needed a place to stay for the night. Price was very low so expected an older, not so nice place but was pleasantly surprised. Great value! Friendly gentleman who checked us in.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2017

A year ago we stayed here everything was fabulous and the staff very accommodating. This time not so much.
First, the one reason we booked here was the pool which was out of order. I totally understand this happens but instead of offering a reduced rate the staff just laughed and said, "well at least the hot tub works" which wasn't appropriate, nor could we take our small kids in it. Then they told us we could go to their sister hotel (?) and use the pool. Again, this wasn't going to work with two small kids plus they never took the time to explain the logistics.
Second, was the sofa bed. It had not been cleaned. There were crumbs, dust and a ponytail holder in the bed when we opened it. There were linens on the shelf for the sofa bed but no pillow case and the pillow was awful.
On a positive note, the ladies in the kitchen were very efficient and friendly!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mary M
Roxan M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Fort Leonard Wood St. Robert, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Dear lilg0g,

Please accept our sincere apology for our pool not being in working order during your recent stay with us. I can understand how frustrating this must have been since you have stayed with us in the past and looked forward to swimming with your children. Comfort Inn next door is a sister property we would have been able to accommodate your family with a pool pass to utilize their facility. Our staff at the hotel strive to provide the highest quality standards and give our guests the service that makes them want to return so it concerned me that you mentioned we had a staff member laughed and mentioned the hot tub working. We have unfortunately fallen short of this goal. Accept our apologies for the encounter with the sofa couch not meeting your expectations. We have approached the proper department of this issue moving forward. We hope you will give us another opportunity in the near future to be able to serve you better.

Again, Please accept our sincere apology.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

The common area stair railings need a bit more upkeep but otherwise this is a great Fairfield Inn. Very friendly and actual fresh cantaloupe at breakfast. Check in staff and breakfast staff were fantastic.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Roxan M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Fort Leonard Wood St. Robert, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Dear cleanstrass,

Thank you for taking your time to write us a review. Please accept our sincere apology for not meeting your expectation in our stair railings common area. We have addressed this issue to the correct department moving forward. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and overall experience at our hotel. We hope you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the near future.