Fairfield Inn Fort Leonard Wood St. Robert
HIExpress.com
US$124
Hampton.com
US$94
Liberty Lodge(Saint Robert)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$54
All reviewsfront deskfort leonard woodroom was cleanvisiting familyrecommend this hotelclose proximitymini fridgecracker barrelhot tubvery nice hoteloff the highwaybagelsbasic training graduationconvenient locationmilitary basemy sonst
Reviewed October 27, 2017

went for a graduation from Army Basic training .... Great experience ... could see that the entire community respects and appreciates the military, made us feel welcome and appreciated, would stay again and refer anyone

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

I spent 3 months here while working in the area. The staff became like family. They treated me as if they had known me for a very long time. There were some mechanical issues during the stay but all worked out. Great place to stay for a while if you like eating out all the time. Clean and very comfortable bed!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2017

When I went to reserve this hotel, I didn't see any AARP discount rate and the Marriott site had been having issues so I called the hotel directly. I was very condescendingly told by a gentleman that since they were so close to Fort Leonard Wood, they did not have AARP discounts. Frankly, with the number of hotels in the area, I would not have stayed here at all, given his attitude, except that Marriott had a promotion going at the time. So I did book a room.

We were upgraded, which we both appreciated. We would have preferred to stay on the third floor but were told that the elevator wasn't working. Given that, we opted for a second floor room. They did offer a first floor room but we like the privacy of an upper floor room. Luckily the elevator was fixed shortly after we checked in.

Our room was quiet and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was the usual though the good muffins that the Marriott hotels have had in the past seem to have vanished. Too bad. We had dinner at the Cantino Bravo which was excellent with very reasonable prices and a large menu. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2017

I've been staying at Fairfield Inns for years because they consistently provide clean, updated rooms at a reasonable rate. My recent stay at the Fairfield Inn in St Robert, MO was the first time I was disappointed. The downstairs hallway had 3 yellow cones sitting around on the hallway floor for no apparent reason. When I got on the elevator and selected my floor number, the door just kept partially closing slowly and then opening again. A hotel guest got on the elevator with me and explained that the door wouldn't close unless you held the DOOR CLOSE button for about 30 seconds until the door completely closed. Once he told me this, I realized there was a small, worn piece of tape on the panel directing people to hold the button until the door closed. It looked like the tape had been there a long time, so I can only assume that the elevator had been non-operational for some length of time. Additionally, if you were waiting for the elevator to arrive, and it was not on your floor already, the elevator would not come unless someone just happened to get in the elevator on another floor and take it to the floor where you were waiting. My husband and I were on the third floor but used the stairs after wasting a lot of time trying to use the elevator that was only barely operational. Also, I've grown accustomed to eating a few chocolate chip cookies that are normally sitting out for guests in the lobby when they check in. I could smell cookies but there were none in the lobby. After a few trips back and forth, I saw the cookies in the back room, so apparently the desk clerk was eating them. The alarm clock was unplugged when we entered our room, and I realized later it was most likely unplugged because there were not enough plug-ins to allow me to plug in my computer. When I was getting ready for bed, I tried to close the curtains and ...... surprise..... the curtains were only at the edges of the windows. There were sheer, see-through curtains that went all the way across the window, but the cloth curtains and the rod that held them were only present on about one foot of each side of the window, leaving nothing but see-through sheers between me and the parking lot. I've never been in a hotel room without curtains before. There was a bright light in the parking lot outside that shone in the window all night. There was so many things about this hotel that simply did not measure up to what I've come to expect from a Fairfield Inn. On the positive side, they had MANY HBO channels, and I loved the bacon and eggs at breakfast.

Room Tip: Chose a room on the first floor since the elevator doesn't work properly. Be prepared for nothing but sheer curtains.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Roxan M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Fort Leonard Wood St. Robert, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Dear Susan G,

Please accept our sincere apology for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay with us. We have a indoor pool located in the room close to the elevator so we keep a wet floor sign located outside the door in case the floor becomes wet as our guests are leaving the pool area and nobody falls. We have a cone located next to the ice machine for the carpet becoming wet occasionally for ice falling and melting on the floor. We strive to provide a safe environment for our guests as well as our employees of our hotel. We did have an unfortunate event of our elevator not operating properly. Our elevator technician had to order a part to fix this issue accordingly. We were recommended to place a note to inform our guests how they would be able to operate the elevator during their stay so they were not inconvenienced to have to use the stairs. In the evening we do bake cookies for our guests and place them at the counter at the front desk. Once they are taken out of the oven we leave them in the back to cool down. Please accept our sincere apology for your alarm clock being unplugged at check in, we have addressed this issue to the housekeeping department moving forward. All our guest rooms in our hotel have black out curtains. We have three curtains in the room. The see-through sheer, a curtain on each side that does not close all the way and the black out curtains in the very back that have rods on each side to close to not let the light in your room during the night. If you would've called the desk about this issue we would've gladly informed you so you could've had a good nights rest. We are glad to hear that you did enjoy our HBO channels in our room along with our hot breakfast we offer in the morning. Our staff strive to always provide a service that will make you want to return. We hope you will give us another opportunity in the near future to better serve you.

Reviewed October 9, 2017

Great stay, upgraded myself to king/Jacuzzi - it was worth it. Room was well laid out and even though Jacuzzi initially looked small actually was just right. Bed was comfortable, staff was great - will stay here again next time in the area.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Roxan M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Fort Leonard Wood St. Robert, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Dear Brian H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the area. We hope to see you again soon.