“Not worth the price - poor condition given the cost.”

Econo Lodge Truman Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Sedalia
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Just completed a stay and here is what we found - no king bed hotels at check in (but listed as available on the web site), gum stains in the carpet, outdoor lock did not work (security issue), quit was badly work and torn in places, no table lamp, no electrical outlets available to plug in ANYTHING, hot breakfast is a laughable description, HVAC unit constantly cycled - fan high, fan low, cool on, cool off, ice machine leaked for two days and soaked the hall way carpet. had better rooms at the red roof for 60 dollars. Will never return to this place.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank curryklan
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Truman Inn

Reviewed 12 July 2011

I stayed here last year and wrote a review. A lot of times when you take the time to write a review you think it's just for the hotel patrons but this time the owners actually took what I commented on to heart. I read some of the latest reviews and thought they were so bad that maybe new owners had taken over. This was not the case, matter of fact it was the total opposite. I came back and they had put in an indoor pool with hottub and sauna! The complaint I had with the towels having holes in them...gone, they got new towels. People just as nice as I remember and my room was clean with frig and microwave. Another big change was they are remodeling the restraunt and bar. It's suppose to be done by mid August. Good thing there are plenty of places to eat all within a mile and 4 across the street. The location is golden! Bottom line...It's not the Ritz but it's a great deal for the money! Do yourself a favor and give this place a chance. If you have any problems tell the owners, They live right on site! And with all the changes they've made, it's apparent they do listen. Last but not least write about your stay because people deserve to know that this place is worth the money! Happy Travels Lo

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Promised things that were not there...Lounge and Rest. closing down. NOT a pleasant stay. WAY over priced for what you get.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank picketfence14
Reviewed 1 May 2011

Check your towels for pubes!! This hotel has nasty towels and is just not taken care of! Don't stay here if you can help it!

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank bbreitenbach
Reviewed 4 October 2010

The Truman Inn&Suites is and older Hotel. Rooms are mostly clean and spacious. But you can smell and see that the good times for this Hotel are over a long time ago. It is located right at Highway50, right next to a Walmart. The staff is very friendly and tries it best - but it can make the Hotel new.
The thing I like about the Truman Inn is that they also have a nice bar, so there is no need to take the car to have a drink in the evening.

1  Thank uglyone2002
Reviewed 20 August 2010

I'm in the Air National Guard and was staying their for my two weeks annual training. I was there with at least 20 other guard members, so this review will be for the majority. First of all the front desk was awesome! If there were any problems with the rooms etc. they were right on it. Priti is the wife of the owner and was at the front desk most of the time during the day. We also dealt with a young man at the front desk, sorry I can't remember his name but I called him Neo I know it was something like that, he was normally there at night. They both consistently exceeded our expectations. Just as an example, one guard member wanted to be on the first floor instead of the second and as soon as the room became available Priti made sure he was moved. We wanted to BBQ in the back parking lot and instead of giving us grief Bob the owner let us use some of their chairs and sent out a bottle of wine!. One night I was walking down the stairs that go to the restaurant from the hotel and a bird was trapped inside the stairwell. I thought I was trapped inside the movie "The Birds" . I let Neo know and he immediately did some bird whisperer stuff and got the bird to come to him and he took it outside unharmed!. I could go on and on but I think you can tell good customer service when you hear it or read it in this case. They always seemed to say Hi when you come in and have a good day when you leave. The fact is this hotel is older that doesn't mean dirty. The hotel is very clean but they could definitely upgrade some things like the towels some of them had holes in them. I brought it up to Priti and she told me they would look into getting some new ones. I tend to understand because the recession is not just effecting us. I also take into consideration the price of the stay. I think if they raised the price a little then maybe they could upgrade the hotel. There's a free breakfast which consist of biscuits and gravy, waffles etc. It was very good but can get old when you stay there two weeks. There's a little workout area that's kept very clean. There's no pool or hot tub but you can spend a little extra and get the suite that has a two person whirlpool and two big screen tv's it's a nice two room and worth the money. The hotel is nicely located. Not to far from anything. Walmart nest door and one of many restaurants Applebee's is right across the street. Just a few miles from the State Fairgrounds. We also went to the restaurant that is attached to the hotel. It is owned by different people. The food is really good for bar food. I would recommend the catfish basket. I would not recommend the hot wings they look like mini-wings. They have a DJ on the weekends and he plays a good variety of music. The disappointing fact is they want to charge the hotel guest a cover charge. And don't even think about asking for a military discount. Overall you can't beat this hotel and you definitely can't find better people to run it.

1  Thank LOFROMMO
Reviewed 12 July 2010

This hotel is average, with terrible service, at best. I stay at this hotel often for business and wish my work would choose another hotel for me, the last time I stayed there I was turned off by the lack of convenience and terrible service. The manager of the hotel parks his vehicle in front of the front door where the loading/unloading area is so only one lane of cars can get through which I find is very unprofessional of him. After my stay, I called the hotel on the phone to locate a pair of shoes that I left behind and was met with a person who had a very poor attitude and was very rude to me and was "unable" to locate my shoes.

The towels are very scratchy, carpet is old and hard, the air conditioning unit is a wall unit that is either on or off so you either get cold or hot in the middle of the night which you have to get up to change the unit to off/on.

1  Thank Megkm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sedalia
3.8 km away
Laci's Country Inn
#1 of 2 in Knob Noster
27.1 km away
Americas Best Value Inn- Knob Noster

Been to Econo Lodge Truman Inn? Share your experiences!