“Cleanest Hilton property so far!!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Shreveport, La
“Cleanest Hilton property so far!!!”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I always read reviews prior to booking a room. I agree with most reviews of this property. The cleanest Hilton property that we have ever booked. We were so impressed that the room/suite was COMPLETELY absent of any odors, period. We were greeted as Hilton Honors members and the entire staff from front desk to housekeeping were SOOOO nice and apparently had no negative attitudes amongst any employees. We were pleasantly surprised to receive a room upgrade to a king suite as a part of our Hilton honors membership. We had never been to Springfield so the front desk was so helpful in suggestions for navigating the traffic etc. we ate dinner at the restaurant in the hotel. Highly recommend the club sandwich. Large enough to share. Food was Very good. Our waitress was so efficient and pleasant to talk to.
Room was very quite even on the interstate side did not hear traffic at all. The "sleep number" beds were OK..... Clean linens but not so comfy to me I prefer a softer mattress. But not a deal breaker for a return trip. Would stay here again if in Springfield.
Only negative that may need to be addressed by management is the breakfast situation. We had a free breakfast coupon so we were more tolerant than if we were paying approx. $10.00. First day of our stay food was plentiful and VERY tasty.......eggs bacon sausage cream gravy biscuits fresh fruit, second and third morning they were out of meat and eggs and just about everything. No urgency in replenishing. This is a management problem that needs to be addressed. BUT......when they have it the food is good. Second morning I ordered an omelet (good thing since there was NO scrambled eggs on the buffet :(...... Omelet was excellent.
Overall a great place to stay just be forewarned about breakfast!!!!

• Stayed February 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Franklin, Indiana
Reviewed 16 January 2012

This is a very nice hotel - clean, comfortable, spacious rooms, great beds and friendly staff. The only problem I had was the TV did not work. They sent someone up to fix it right away. The only negative was the breakfast. Service and food was lacking. If the restaurant were better I would give this property a higher rating.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dixon, Missouri
Reviewed 11 January 2012

The hotel was very nice and very well decorated. The room was very clean and had all of the amenities that you come to expect from a Hilton property. Being the new style of rooms that HGI is going to everything was great except the rock hard mattress. We stayed there during a Christmas shopping trip due to it location to the shopping areas in Springfield. After the day of shopping we checked in, looking forward to a comfortable night sleep. We were so wrong the mattress is a new style that is to have an adjustment for the comfort level. Well it did not seem to work the bed was as hard a rock. We managed to get a few hours of sleep, but work up feeling like a truck ran us over.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel with better mattresses.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Cave Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 19 November 2011

This property is located very close to the heart of shopping and dining - but you'll still want to drive vs walk to these activities. Easy access to James River Fwy and to Hwy 65 toward Branson. As previously noted, rooms are appointed with nice decor, comfortable bed, fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Didn't hear any of our neighbors. Really enjoyed "chillaxing" at the nice outdoor fire pit area with comfortable seating. Complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby. Breakfast buffet will run you and extra 10.00 p/p -- didn't try it but it smelled really good. Also has a bar/lounge area where you can get an adult beverage and catch the game or catch up on the news on their flat screens. Didn't utilize the pool or fitness center so can't comment on those. Definitely making this property my "stay place" when I'm visiting Springfield.

Room Tip: Our room was on the back side of the property which faced the woods vs the front side which faced th...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Brand new, clean hotel with excellent service. Room seemed pretty standard for a new hotel (I I expected a little more of a wow factor) but it was clean. The heating/air unit is a little noisy. The breakfast in the morning was excellent and the staff could not have been nicer. I forgot my power cord for my laptop and the hotel fed exed it to me the next morning (at my expense). I really appreciated their courtesy and promptness in returning it to me.

• Stayed November 2011
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 2 November 2011

My husband and I stayed here in September 2011. New hotel, clean, reasonably priced and friendly staff. Lots of places to eat and shop just down the street. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Missouri
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Springfield recently on a business trip. I don't know my way around Springfield very well, so I chose this hotel because it's very easy to get too from the highway and it's very close to many shopping and dining options.

The rooms are in excellent condition and furnished very well. See my included photos to get a good view of a typical guest room. Rooms have sleep number beds, and they are very comfortable. They also include a fridge, microwave, and free WiFi.

I only have a couple negatives to point out about my particular stay. When checking in, I was not welcomed as a Hilton HHonors member. After looking up the Hilton HHonors information when I was back at home, I noticed that gold members at Hilton Garden Inns have the option of a free breakfast. Had I known this, I would have made an issue of not being welcomed as a gold member, because the free breakfast would have been nice to have.

Finally, the other issue is fitness center hours. When working in Springfield, I was at a work site until well after 9:00pm. I was looking forward to hitting the fitness center when I returned to the hotel. I arrived at my room and got changed to head to the fitness center. By this time it was almost 10:00pm. When I picked up the services guide to find out where the fitness center was located, I discovered that it closed until 10:00pm. There's no reason to close a fitness center that early. Hilton Garden Inns are supposed to be geared toward business travelers, so they need to be more flexible with hours on services like the fitness center, because it's common for people to work long hours while on business travel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business