“Loved it! ”

Aviary Cafe
Ranked #13 of 745 Restaurants in Springfield
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This cafe was opened three months ago and after a second lovely visit, I wanted to tell "the world" about them! 417.866.NEST
Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

Great food, lovely atmosphere, not a chain. Friends suggested this place and it didn't disappoint. We will go back!

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Must go for a great breakfast . Had the poutine which was amazing with crispy potatoes and a sweet crepe with berries and cream. My son had fried chicken and French toast which he loved. FYI Mondays the cocktails are 1/2 off!

Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

A friend of mine first took me to the Aviary last year and I loved it!! When a conference brought me and my family back to Springfield again, we knew that the Aviary was the first on our list. I have often fondly reminisced about these crepes—they are the golden standard by which I measure all crepes—and wanted to see if they were as good as I remembered. They were and more so!

I had the Peach Melba dessert crepe. Sigh!! It was so yummy; the peaches were flambéd to perfection and the creme anglais was a nice touch. I would also recommend the lemoncello (a delectable crepe stuffed with marscapone and topped with lemon curd, mixed berries, and torched marshmallow). The savory shrimp Florentine crepe was “wowed” by my sister.

A definite treat! The decor is charming with the rustic decor and distressed wood features. Trust me—you’ll love it!!

1  Thank Alikat30
Reviewed June 25, 2018

Same deal every other day from 4-6pm.
Blackened Steak or French Pork Chop $16 every day.
Chicken & French toast $12 all day every day.
Shares a back door with 1984 Walnut @ Jefferson
I can always find parking right in front of the door.

Small, but I have never seen it crowded.

Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

I visit the Aviary at least once every time I visit Springfield. The decor is a cool a mix of old and new. The food is great. We had the pomme frites, Brussels sprouts, breakfast crepe, chicken salad croissant, veggie croissant and panini. Frites and sauce are the best. Service is perfect and prices reasonable. Can’t wait to return.