“Always a Joy”

That Lebanese Place
Ranked #67 of 781 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Lebanese
Description: Small, family-owned food truck. No website, but they do have a Facebook page.
Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

Lunchtime up on Commercial St. I've had consistently good meals here and also when they operated out of a food truck. The one thing that needs to be addressed is getting servers to greet and seat people more quickly. I came in and stood alone ignored for a few minutes, so I walked down the street and back. When I came in the second time there still was no sense of urgency regarding acknowledging me.

Reviewed March 24, 2018

Lebanese-style atmosphere with a reasonably-priced, unique and varied menu of items. A good place for casual conversation with friends.

Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

I don't get to dine here very often because it is so far from where I work and live. However, it is worth the drive. I always get the lentil soup and usually the chai tea because both are among the best I ever had. For the entree, it will vary, but the falafel is amazing. There are NUMEROUS vegetarian and vegan choices, unlike most restaurants in Springfield. The service is always friendly and quick. They do close early (4:00) on Wednesdays.

1  Thank Douglas R
Reviewed December 23, 2017

A group of five friends enjoyed our dinner here. Only one had ever been there before. We shared flafel for an appetizer (Lebanese hush puppies). Very good. Some had lentil soup (very good), beef kabobs, chicken kabobs, beef shawarma, batata harra (spicy potatoes). Baklava for desert, everything was delicious. We made reservations, but the restaurant wasn't full, but plenty of customers came and went while we enjoyed ourselves. Server was helpful and friendly, but didn't hover. So glad we tried this restaurant.

Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

We love to try new restaurants and this one was great!! Even my picky daughter enjoyed it. Wasn't crowded on a Saturday night and you can dress casual. We had hot tea, an appetizer, 3 entrees and 3 desserts for $75. Was worth it.