“Used be really good but it seems to be slipping ”

Gilardi's Ristorante
Ranked #25 of 781 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant used to be really good but it seems to be slipping. It is always under staffed now. Dishes are not as fresh. We used to book party’s and they used to take really good care of us. Now we just seem to be a bother.

Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I revisited Gilardi's for our wedding anniversary. We had one of our very first dates here years ago. Since then, Gilardi's has made effort to switch to locally sourced foods, many of which are grown on the premises, which was pretty cool. You can't get much fresher than that. The menu and wine selection are good. Our surprise favorite of the night was a pork shank entree. Neither of us are really into pork, but my husband ordered it on a whim and I sampled it too. This was pork on a whole new level, truly outstanding. When available, they serve a similar dish using lamb. Everything was carefully prepared and presented. Whoever is in the kitchen is amazing.
The ambiance is lovely. We sat by the fireplace and it was very romantic. They do have a small bar and if we had known that, we would have come early for a predinner drink. Service was overall good, our waiter was attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. Gilardi's is a good choice for a quiet, intimate meal.

Reviewed May 1, 2018

My husband and I are kind of foodies, and we ended up stumbling across this place by accident. We were on a honeymoon road trip through about 4 cities, and this was easily the best restaurant we had on the whole trip. We LOVED the food. It was a small menu that changes, so you know the ingredients are fresh and local. The drinks were fantastic and they had a cheesecake that was to die for (and we are not huge cheesecake fans). Also, the staff was incredibly nice. Cannot recommend this place highly enough!

Reviewed February 24, 2018

I saw Chef James Martin on a local TV program stirring up some mushroom soup. With a special day coming up, I made reservations.

Gilardi's...what wonderfully intimate restaurant. Small, beautifully decorated and a friendly staff.

Aaron was our server and was knowledgeable on the wine list and the menu. We started with the Brie al Forno...outstanding!

Requesting the mushroom soup to be available, it did not disappoint and was fantastic.

Two in our group had the tuna, one the ciopino and I had the veal scallopini. All complimented their serving. The tiramishu for dessert was the best I have ever had.

Thank you Aaron and Chef James for a memorable dining experience.

Reviewed February 9, 2018

Great food, large portions, excellent service, great location, great prices, lovely resataurant for all.