“Great Place to relax for Holiday”

Candlewood Suites Springfield
Ranked #21 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersSilver level
Illinois
“Great Place to relax for Holiday”
Reviewed 28 November 2010

This is an excellant facility. We planned a family Thanksgiving, get away and have a dinner. The kitchen had everything that we needed and the living room was a good size to enjoy our visit. Very clean. James, the manger on duty, was the most helpful person that we have encounterd in recent travels. Extra pillows, menus and even an ice scraper in case we needed it. We were happy to have selected this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank bed&breakfastfans

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 16 June 2010

Only needed a place to rest after a concert, before leaving town the next morning. The suite (with kitchen) was more than I needed, but the price was right. Everything was very clean (it's a fairly new hotel), except some unidentified junk under the bed. I really didn't utilize all this hotel had to offer, but I would stay here again to find out, if the opportunity arose.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
5 Thank Jeff C
Candlewood332, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this review, 16 August 2010
Thank you so much! We love any chance we get to impress with our rooms and are so glad you enjoyed your stay!
st louis, mo
Reviewed 17 April 2010

We chose this hotel because of reviews that we read when we were making reservations. Everything we read is true-- it is clean, new, spacious, and perfect for a night or a month. I've stayed in many extended stay places and I must say that this one really is a good one-- better or as good as the best ones.
The staff truly make this place special. They are attentive and friendly. We had a great experience with all of the ones who we met during our stay. We would happily come back if we travel in this area again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
5 Thank jretpe
Fort Smith, AR
Reviewed 18 December 2008

We tried out the Candlewood while passing through Springfield the night before Thanksgiving. I wasn't familiar with the brand and wanted to stay at the Hampton Inn next door, but this hotel was a great find. We wanted a true suite since our 1 year old was with us and it was perfect. The living room/kitchen was large and we liked the hardwood floors in the kitchen portion. The bathroom is huge and king bed very comfy. Everything about the suite was clean and attractive. I do wish they offered some kind of free breakfast. We will definitely stay in this hotel and other Candlewoods again.

• Liked — True suite; large room
  • Disliked — lack of breakfast
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank mytravelmatters
Blue Springs
Reviewed 31 July 2008

We had our confirmed reservation via the hotel website. The only info posted in the 'rules and regs' for the government rate was that ID is required upon check-in. When we arrived at the hotel, we were told that the active duty military rate only applies if the member is traveling for business purposes. WHAT? My husband has been in the military for 20 years and NEVER heard that. I spoke with the general manager as well as customer service at the 800 number. We were refused the rate we had booked the room at and were told that the new rate would be $26 more per night than originally quoted. I don't know what kind of scam they are running here but nowhere could I find this 'policy' in writing . . . neither could customer service or the manager but they swore it is common practice. I refuse to stay at hotels that do not offer a military discount so we left.

• Liked — nothing!!
  • Disliked — Dishonest advertising practices!!!!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
12 Thank scoen
GM_Ryan, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this review, 27 August 2008
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding the Government Rate that is offered at the Candlewood Suites Springfield. I would like to assure you that as a proud manager within the Candlewood Suites family, in no way do we practice dishonest advertising. We are an Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG) brand hotel and they would not allow such a thing. I understand that our policy is not what you are accustom to during your travels within the many brands of hotels. IHG standards do state that in order to receive the Government rate you must be traveling on official government business. Currently we have a little more than 15% of our guests staying with us at the discounted Government rate. Unfortunately, at this time we do not offer a Military Leisure rate. Please know that your concerns have been addressed with the proper individuals. We have firm operating procedures in place when it comes to qualifying for certain discounted rates. The Government Rate happens to be a rate that you must qualify for by being on official Government business. As you may know there are hundreds of Candlewood Suites nationwide and I am hopeful that you can maintain your overall impression of this wonderful hotel organization. Any additional comments regarding stays would be greatly appreciated. I value all feedback!

Best Regards,
Raymore, Missouri
Reviewed 4 June 2008

This was a nice hotel for an extended stay. I stayed there for 5 nights and it worked out pretty well. The kitchen in the room is what drew my business as it allowed me to save money by fixing meals in my room. All of the cooking utensils were provided which made it better as well.
The room was clean and the staff was very friendly. I also liked the policy that the room staff does not come into the room but once a week. I did not see them all week which was great for me, it have it a very homey feel. If I needed a new towel, I took the old one to the front desk and they gave me a new one. I liked this policy.
I also liked the workout room. The equipment was adequate and it was pretty soundproofed. My room was right next to the workout room and I was never bothered by noise from it.
I would stay at this hotel again.

• Liked — The kitchen in the room
  • Disliked — No pool
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
7 Thank Aly A
Chicago
Reviewed 13 March 2008

Just returned from a business trip that included a 1 night stay at this property. Hotel rooms were tight on "hotel row" including the Hampton Inn next store which is my usual choice. Candlewood seems somewhat newer. The staff is very friendly and room was nice. Small kitchen area with dining table with chairs and an overstuffed chair and queen bed in the corner. Larger flat screen TV with about 8 premium movie channels. Bed was comfy but pillows were too soft. Overall hotel was very clean. Walls are thin so you'll hear some noise. In the lobby they have a 24 hour snack pantry. I did not find any sort of complimentary breakfast - even continental. If there was one, it must have been tucked in a conf room. Not a bad value for the dollar and would definately stay here again.

• Liked — Friendly staff, clean rooms, great TV choices
  • Disliked — Thin walls - no breakfast
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business