“An Old Friend Found”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed November 17, 2015

Young's has been in Valley Park since 1954, according to Grant at the front counter. I had been to their previous 2 locations, but I thought they were closed now. Nope, we were in town for a funeral and had a family meal there afterwards. Same fried chicken and a nice meal served buffet style. It was all very good. Their ice cream was always excellent, I passed this time but can only assume that it is still the best around. A nice surprise to see You g's still going strong.

Reviewed November 3, 2015

After riding a bike along the river we stopped here for a treat. Great place. Been years since I was there, but would definitely return. Great ice cream.

Reviewed March 23, 2015

Get the double cheeseburger with bacon and fully involved (firehouse sub term). Good ice cream. If you dine in, you might catch a UP train going by about every 20-30 minutes (usually with coal). On the wall you will find some interesting history of the restaurant and the area.

Reviewed February 6, 2015

I love Young's! I've been going here since I was a kid! It was just a walk up window. Now they have plenty of seating and a banquet room. I have never had anything bad from Young's! I always order the fried clams and my son gets chicken strips (they are HUGE). You can easily split a three piece chicken strip and fries between two smaller children. The large drinks are HUGE as well! My husband gets a giant malt and loves it!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place has some of the best fried chicken I have ever had! Absolutely delicious. My husband had a burger and fries and he said it was delicious. Everything was cooked hot and fresh. The service was great and friendly. This reminded me of a good ole family owned place. Sort of a hole in the wall location, but very clean and up to date on the inside. Their ice cream was thick, creamy, and delicious. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank jfr4874