All reviewssports barhot tubinfinity poolputting greentop floorglacier arearooms are largecoffee tabledog bedcasual foodbig jacuzzigroomed groundsexercise roomfront desk staffseparate roomromantic getawaytravel plans
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Mountain Lodge claims on its website to have 2 restaurants. I booked the room because I knew after a long day at Glacier we would love to clean up, eat at the resort, & cool off in the pool. Not possible! No restaurants at this facility on Sundays or Mondays but they don't tell you that when you make the reservation. And even though it is 86F at 9pm & light, they lock the pool, so after finding a place off site to eat, they give you no opportunity to use the pool. A lovely place with no concept of customer service! Such a disappointment!

• Stayed: July 2014
13  Thank Jean B
Kim3364, Front Office Manager at Bigfork Mountain Lake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2018

I am very sorry to hear about your experience here. We have new management since 2017 and have addressed many concerns we've found. We do have two great dining restaurants here at the Lodge and they are open during the summer and winter different hours, best to check directly with them. The pool is open during the summer until 11pm now and both our outdoor hot tubs are open year round.

If you ever visit our area again in the future please consider giving us another try. Thank you.

Kathleen Michel

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Nice large spacious room. Comfortable bed. Very quiet. Disappointed that they do not do breakfast. Riley pub sells good local ale for Flathead brewery and does really good fish and chips.
Good gym equipment and great laundry. Staff were very helpful and accommodated our very early arrival.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Keith P
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The food/portions was not as described. When The server was approached about it she told me I could go get dinner somewhere else if I didn't like it. Then the chef started yelling at her about misguiding me about the meal I ordered, they yelled at eachother in front of all of the customers. the owner and her husband then came to our table. She approached us with a negative attitude and said "I understand you have a problem, we were upstairs having dinner! I shouldn't be down here right now!" So I started to explain what happened and she interrupted me saying "Whatever, whatever, whatever!" as she walked back inside. When we were given our bill she had taken off the 2 meals that where wrong. Four other patrons at the bar said they weren't ever going back and I must agree with them!! Terrible service, terrible food!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank GracieYoung
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed in a Tamarack Room. Beautiful, spacious, quiet room with a so so view of lake. The King bed was terrible, however the room was on the end & easy to accommodate taking our English Mastiff in & out. We were also without cable (the cable had gone out) for the better part of an entire day. They do not serve breakfast & they did not honor the AAA discount. They said because we were staying mid-week (week day rates) we were already receiving a discounted rate. Regardless if its week day rates, we have always received a AAA discount on top of a hotels published rate at any other hotel we've ever stayed at. The main restaurant is only open on Saturday & Sundays & the sports pub doesn't open until 5. Pizza from the pub was amazing! Overall a decent place to stay, but for the money spent it was not worth it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tara H
Reviewed May 21, 2014

This place is amazing. It is right on Flathead Lake, up high in the Pines, has an awesome Sunday brunch plus a great pub downstairs. It is elegance with a Western flair. It is only five miles from the little village of Bigfork which has great restaurants. It is at the top of my list of great places to stay. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family