“An Excellent Experience...”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2005

My adult son and I ate at La Provence on a Friday night in the middle of October. We were on our first visit to the Flathead Lake area and had not previously heard of the restaurant. The posted menu looked interesting and the restaurant has some country charm so we thought we would give it a try.

In all honesty, the restaurant surpassed our expectations. The staff was courteous to two walk-ins. Service was attentive, but not smothering. It was clear to me that most of the diners present (and there were a fair number considering that the prime tourist season was long gone) were locals.

My son ordered filet mignon. I had rack of lamb. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The flavor of my rack of lamb was as good as I've had. Portions were generous. As to pricing, we each had a glass of their most expensive cabernet ($10 per glass), salads, and I ordered a bowl of butternut squash soup which was a special offering of the evening (delicious). The total bill, with tax and before tip, was $80. Based on the quality, I considered the meal an excellent value.

The next time I visit this area my wife will be with me and I plan to take her to La Provence. If I was a local, this restaurant would definately be on my 'regulars' list.

4  Thank Passport16426

Reviewed August 15, 2005

Sizzler does a better job. Cold food, indifferent service, the sauces came out of jars, the price was high, there was no cooking to be found here, avoid this place, it is a tourist ripoff.

1  Thank Meander25875